Insynch won't install on Ubuntu 16.04

Insynch will not install from the Deb file on Ubuntu 16.04 64 bit. I have tried using the Ubuntu Software installer as well as Gdebi. When I use Gdebi it returns an error “Dependency not Satisfiable” but does tell me which dependency is missing. Is there a way to install it.

Will be tagging our engineer @lpugoy and he will get back to you.

@Wal_Joan: What package are you installing? If it’s the insync-nautilus package you need to install the insync package as well.

Thank You for you advice, I did what you said to do and everything went OK. Your help is very much appreciated. Regards Wal

@Wal_Joan: Glad to know it worked for you. Let us know if you encounter any more issues.

I am getting the same error. Given that it is a .deb package, how does one install the insync package? I am happy to buy the application, just want to make sure it works. Any help appreciated. I am installing on Ubuntu 15.10. Perhaps a howto?

@Derek_Keats: Apologies for not replying sooner. Does double clicking the file not work? You may be facing this issue: http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2016/04/ubuntu-16-04-deb-software-install-error. If the error is “Dependency not satisfiable”, you need to install the insync package as well. For Ubuntu 15.10 it is this for 64 bit and this for 32 bit. Hope this helps.

If i test to install the new Version 1.3.10 with doubleklick it fails.
I have installed the older Version 1.3.9 per doubleklick. then i updatet it to the next Version, that works perfekt.

What is the different beetween the Versions?

@hanny: Please try uninstalling Insync then running sudo dpkg -i /path/to/1.3.10/deb. What is the output?

hello, thx for reply, i will not delete it again, because it works now. Please not be angry with me. :slight_smile:

@hanny: I am not angry, sorry if it came out that way. I just wanted to know what the error was when you installed Insync. Let us know if you encounter any more issues.