Interpreting InSync logs on OS X

Hello

I’ve uploaded a very large (over 160 GB) folder to Google Drive using InSync on OS X. InSync seems to report everything is OK but Finder and Google Drive report different amount of space used: Finder reports ~160 GB, Google Drive web interface says I use 155 GB.

This discrepancy between Google Drive and Finder troubles me, so I’d like to verify whether all files have been correctly uploaded. Obviously with this folder size the number of files it’s not feasible to check everything manually but I thought of a way to do it: if I could extract any errors that InSync encountered during upload I’d be able to see whether those specific files were correctly uploaded. I’ve found the logs.db file and opened it with SQLite Database Browser so I’m able to browse it rather easily.

My questions are:

• What do I look for there? Are any particular ‘level’ column values of interest to me? Or is it something entirely different that I should seek?

Let me tag our engineer @jimperio and he will get back to you :smile:

@Dawid_Piotrowski Entries with level == 40 correspond to logged error messages, so filtering by level >= 40 would make sense for what you’re looking for. Also take a look at the message and exception columns.

I assume that you don’t have any ignore rules configured that may account for some files not having been uploaded to Drive?