Is there any plan to support the "new" shared folders of Google Drive?

Since some months ago, Google did a rather annoying change in the way shared folder works. If someone shares a folder with me, I can no longer add that folder to my drive, I can only add a link to that folder. Insync doesn’t do anything with this link, as it is recognized as a gdlink file.

Ideally it would be great if insync would create a folder in my local PC and drop the contents of the shared folder inside, in a behaviour similar to the one before the change.

I realize this may not be possible for technical reasons, and that is a change made by Google not insync, but I would like to know if there is a plan to address this issue.

7 Likes

Hey-- so sorry for not replying here sooner!

We have gotten similar requests from users regarding this sudden change on Google’s end. I’ll +1 you to this request so we can get this moving forward asap. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Great. Thank you!
Looking forward to what you can do about it!

1 Like

I need this desperately

I got insync for shared work folders in google drive. Now I really need this please.

Hi @Numan-Zahid,

To confirm, you are creating a My Drive shortcut for your Shared folders instead of working on them under Shared with Me, correct?

yes I am adding shortcut to my drive.

Any update on this feature? It’s making insynch fairly unusable :confused:

Hi @apockill

I understand your sentiments. Shared folders can be synced under “Shared with me” on the app. Could you let me know what makes Insync unusable for you without this feature?