Issues with Shared onedrive folder

Summary
Onedrive shared folders and sub-folders do not sync until I manually open the folder in Insync’s GUI

Full explanation
Hi, I have been using Insync for a while now and everything has been pretty good. I have a developer account and use it mainly for Onedrive.

I am now using some shared folders to collaborate with other people and noticed that the shared folder and it’s sub-folders are NOT updated unless I open the Insync app, go to the account in question, Shared and then expand the view for the shared folder. I have to repeat this for sub-folders until they are all brought up to date which is quite annoying.

I am unsure if it’s some mis-configuration on my end or if other people also experienced this.

System and app config
My system’s information follows below:
Insync version: 3.8.4.50481

Ignore rules:
/# Ignore R project folder
**/.Rproj.user/
/# Ignore python virtual environment symlink
**/venv/bin/
/# Ignore git
**/.git

Linux 6.2.0-76060200-generic #202302191831~1677858327~22.04~3cea1be SMP PREEMPT_DYNAMIC Fri M x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Hello! Another user has reported a similar problem and we’d like to investigate this further for you as well. Could you send the following to support@insynchq.com:

• logs.db
  • out.txt
  • data folder
  • live folder

These four files should be in ~/.config/Insync.

Please also include an example of a shared folder that you needed to expand on the app to sync the files accordingly.

Thank you!

Sent, thank you for the help.

1 Like

I have received the logs and will continue with our investigation, @Marcio_Martins. :slight_smile:

Hi again, I was just wondering if your team managed to find any hints as to what is causing the issue?

Hello @Marcio_Martins! Thank you for following up and apologies for the trouble. I’ll follow it up once more with them and see where this is in our engineers’ timeline.

Hi Mia, I was wondering if there is any workaround to this? My shared folder has grown in size and manually expanding all folders has become a very large nuisance.

Is there a way to force a re-sync of a folder? A command line option would be ideal, although from what I understand my developer license would not qualify to use command line options…

Hello @Marcio_Martins! Allow me to follow up on this with our engineers. My deepest apologies for the continued troubles, and thank you for your patience!

Could you please let me know if a pause + resume (found at the bottom of the app) helps? This step forces Insync to re-scan the directories for any changes.

It does not, neither does restarting the application, not restarting the machine.

I did a bit of additional testing this week and it seems that the issue is unidirectional: local changes are detected and synchronized just fine. The issue is with cloud changes, which are not detected.

1 Like

Thank you for confirming that the issue is unidirectional - I’ll add that to the report and follow up accordingly.