Issues with wayland

I’m running v3.9.2.60014 and recently tried v3.9.2.60015 on Manjaro Linux, with gnome on Wayland with hybrid intel+nvidia proprietary drivers. Both seem to have the same issue.

On my notebook

The app seems to be working fine, but its window has no decorations!

If I start with insync start --no-daemon I get the following errors:

Warning: Ignoring XDG_SESSION_TYPE=wayland on Gnome. Use QT_QPA_PLATFORM=wayland to run on Wayland anyway.
QSocketNotifier: Can only be used with threads started with QThread
qt.qpa.wayland: EGL not available

** (process:165752): WARNING **: 23:17:34.710: Failed to load shared library 'libnotify.so.4' referenced by the typelib: /usr/lib/libtiff.so.6: undefined symbol: jpeg12_write_raw_data, version LIBJPEG_8.0

and

js: Access to XMLHttpRequest at 'https://us.i.posthog.com/decide/?v=3&ip=1&_=1721355455260&ver=1.110.0' from origin 'file://' has been blocked by CORS policy: The value of the 'Access-Control-Allow-Origin' header in the response must not be the wildcard '*' when the request's credentials mode is 'include'. The credentials mode of requests initiated by the XMLHttpRequest is controlled by the withCredentials attribute.

On my desktop

My destkop setup is the same as above, the only difference is that it has only a nvidia card, running with proprietary drivers.

On the desktop I see the same errors as well. But additionally, the insync window opens blank. If I open it with insync start --qt-qpa-platform=xcb --no-daemon the window shows up and insync seems to work. I still get the same errors above. However, the interface is broken, it blinks when I move the mouse and it is quite difficult to click on anything.

To do…

Since there are such significant differences between the behavior of insync in my Desktop and Notebook, which run the same OS and overall setup, I’ll format the Desktop tomorrow, since it is the one that seems worse.

I’ll post here any update on this. But if the error messages above point to something I should fix, please let me know.

1 Like

Hi @gersonjferreira,

Thank you for the updates and my apologies for the huge trouble (especially on your Desktop). Let me forward this to our engineers for assistance.

Btw, could you try running these commands?

sed -i ‘s/insync start/insync start --qt-qpa-platform=wayland/g’ ~/.config/autostart/insync.desktop

mkdir -p ~/.local/share/applications

cp /usr/share/applications/insync.desktop ~/.local/share/applications

sed -i ‘s/insync start/insync start --qt-qpa-platform=wayland/g’ ~/.local/share/applications/insync.desktop

Reference: http://help.insynchq.com/en/articles/6521185-playbook-installation-and-setup#h_d3087f97d3

I’ve tried that on my notebook today and it didn’t change anything. But on the notebook the insync app is working just fine despite the error messages. The only issue is that there’s no window decorations. So, to close the window I have to use gnome overview mode.

I was planning on formatting my desktop today, but I cannot do it right now. I’ll try to uninstall and clean all setup files from insync and reconfigure it all again on the desktop, but only in a couple of weeks. That’s because I’ll go on vacation Monday. So today was my final chance of fixing it before the vacations, but something happen and I can’t focus on this today.

I’ll update it all here after my vacations.

1 Like

Hi, I got literally the same problem. Running the app with QT_QPA_PLATFORM=xcb insync start --no-daemon works perfectly. Otherwise I got the same problem: Blank screen. I’m running Fedora 40 with KDE Plasma 6.1 and the Nvidia proprietary drivers installed through RPM Fusion.

$ uname -a
Linux fractal 6.9.9-200.fc40.x86_64 #1 SMP PREEMPT_DYNAMIC Thu Jul 11 19:29:01 UTC 2024 x86_64 GNU/Linux
1 Like

Thank you for your feedback! I am working closely with our engineers in order to address these bugs without the need for such workarounds moving forward.

Is there an eta for a fix for this. Just reinstalled Fedora 40 and running into the same blank screen issue. Service starts but can’t interact with anything.

Same issue here on Fedora 40.

@Iain_Hamilton @Tim_Devereux Hi! Could you confirm if it helps to run QT_QPA_PLATFORM=xcb insync start --no-daemon?

Hi all! Could you please try the latest version and let me know if these issues persist? The link should be here: https://www.insynchq.com/downloads/linux

Thank you!

@mia No longer have a black screen, but now have no window border and the app is not responding. This occurs on my desktop with an NVIDIA GPU and laptop running intel integrated graphics. There have been so many issues lately, I’ve had to go back to the Dropbox client.

My apologies for the persistent flow of issues your way, @Tim_Devereux! What was the last version you used? And is this still on Fedora 40?

Hi @mia.

Still on Fedora 40, but I’m not having this issue anymore after running a system update. I was seeing this on the latest version 3.9.4.60020. I’m assuming it was do do with the NVIDIA drivers. Sorry I cannot be of more help!

No worries at all, @Tim_Devereux! Just glad to hear that the issue hasn’t persisted after running a system update.

I’ll forward the lead on NVIDIA drivers to our engineer so we can continue to deploy improvements accordingly.

Many thanks as always!