KDE Dolphin overlay icons (fixed in latest packages)

Hi,
Still waiting…

I would like to know if you will develop it (and when). Your last comment was two years ago.

Thanks

Hi! Sending this again to our product development team and engineers to bump it up on our list of feature requests.

Thank you all!

It’s september… any news on this?

@Cris70 Could you let me know if you’ve upgraded Insync and Insync-dolphin packages?

Per our engineers, this has been implemented last May 11. My apologies for not updating this sooner!

CC: @txutxifel @chgonzalez

I have this packages installed:

insync-3.5.3.50123-focal
insync-dolphin-3.4.2.40983

Still no overlay icons.

@chgonzalez Gotcha, let me send this to our engineers for investigation. Am I correct in understanding that you have been on these package versions prior to my update yesterday?

Hi Mia,
I’m still on v1.5.x, but knowing that Dolphin overlay icons work with the latest release is a big push for me to update.

1 Like

Yes, I’m always using the latest version to date.

1 Like

@Cris70 Understood! Thank you for confirming your current version (as you’ve also mentioned in another thread)

@chgonzalez Thank you for confirming. Let me forward this additional info to our Linux team :slight_smile:

Hi @chgonzalez

What distro and distro version are you using?
Do right-click Insync context menu options appear for you?

KDE Neon 5.22
KDE Plasma 5.22.5
Qt 5.15.3

Yes, the right-click Insync context menu is there but none of the two options (“view on web” and “share”) is working at the moment.

1 Like

Hi @chgonzalez

What happens when you select “view on web” or “share”?
What are the Insync context menu options for unsynced files (files not uploaded in the cloud and not in any synced folder)?
Is Insync running when viewing the files in Dolphin?

What happens when you select “view on web” or “share”?

Absolutely nothing. But if I launch Dolphin from Konsole I get this error message:

kf.kio.widgets: The "Insync" plugin still installs the desktop file for plugin loading. Please use JSON metadata instead, see KAbstractFileItemActionPlugin class docs for instructions.

What are the Insync context menu options for unsynced files (files not uploaded in the cloud and not in any synced folder)?

Just one option: “sync”. Also not working.

Is Insync running when viewing the files in Dolphin?

Yes, sure, Insync is running and sync-ing.

Hi @chgonzalez

Absolutely nothing. But if I launch Dolphin from Konsole I get this error message

Can you try launching Dolphin from Konsole and select View on web and send us any error/logs that appear?

Did you upgrade from an older version of KDE Neon?

I’ve tested out the Dolphin Insync plugin on a fresh KDE Neon 5.22 install but wasn’t able to replicate your issue

I’ve created another user on my system and Insync is working perfectly there. So I asumed that there was something wrong with my current user configuration.

I’ve removed my .config/Insync and .local/share/Insync folders, renamed my “Google Drive” folder to just “Insync” and lauched the Insync start wizard. The first sync is still in progress but Dolphin overlay icons are already showing up. So I guess that some config was messed up during some update. Even the context menu options are working again.

Thanks for your help.

1 Like

Hey @chgonzalez-- I’ll forward this to Kurt. :slight_smile: Let me know if you need anything else.

And thank you so much for updating us on this. We appreciate you!