KeePassXC syncing via InSync

Hi…

I just started using InSync (3.8.7) on Pop!_OS (Ubuntu 22.04). I use KeePassXC 2.7.6 and sync my .kdbx file to Google Drive. I’ve never had a problem with this setup on other OSes. Since using InSync, KeePassXC complains that it cannot save the database and gives this messge: “KeePassXC has failed to save the database multiple times. This is likely caused by file sync services holding a lock on the save file. Disable safe saves and try again?” I’ve tried disabling the safe saves and sometimes the kdbx file completely disappears. I am no longer able to reliably save new passwords. I’ve tried this on two different computers with the same setup and it fails the same way on both laptops.

Any ideas on what I can do to get KeePassXC to save the kdbx files with new changes or additions?

Thanks,
Steven

Hi Steven,

Could you let me know if this issue occurs when Insync is not running? And could you let me know if quitting KeePassXC afterwards then turning Insync back on syncs the files accordingly?

Furthermore, are there any error messages on Insync?

Thank you!

Hi mia,

Thanks for the reply! I believe I have figured out my issue. I was accessing the kdbx file directly from a /run/user/1000 mount point. I’ve now changed that to the mount point within my user directory, and everything seems to be working.

Thanks for the support!

Steven

1 Like

@sfeltner Thank you for the update! I’m glad to hear things are running as expected :slight_smile: Please let me know if you need anything else!