Large Memory Leak (Mac)

Details

MacOS High Sierra
InSync v3.6.1.50206

6 x OneDrive accounts
2 x Google Drive accounts

What

I have noticed my Mac getting very “laggy” when I leave it on overnight to sync.

This morning I woke to a System Out of Memory error. Inside Activity Monitor, InSync was taking 32GB of RAM.

This is on a 16GB system so half of that would have been via SSD.

1 Like

Hi @gstt! Thank you for posting here and my apologies for the huge trouble. This is related to Out of memory: memory leakage?

It’s a known issue that our engineers are continuously investigating. We are working on deploying more exhaustive performance checks in an upcoming projects cycle to address this.

FYI - also seeing large memory leaks on macOS – both Catalina (10.15) and Monterey (12.1). Insync starts around 80 MB but grows to several (2 - 9+ GB) in a few days, while the total volume of my shared drives is about 200 MB. This happens even when there are no file changes. I am currently synchronizing 2x Google Drives and 1x One Drive.

1 Like

Hi @David_Filip - thank you for sharing what you’ve observed as of late, and my apologies for the trouble. I will follow up with our engineers regarding the progress of their investigation.