Licensing & PayPal - Terrible Customer Support

I’m quite dissatisfied with my licensing experience. A quick rundown of the steps I’ve taken so far:

1. Logged in to an established account Prime with 1 license in use
  2. Clicked the + to buy a license
  3. Went through purchasing process using PayPal
  4. After PayPal transaction, redirected to an error from Insynchq.com’s site
  5. Immediately email support with the Transaction ID
  6. Also, sent a chat message on the Insynchq.com page
  7. Despite the advertised hours on chat window of 8am-11pm PST, receive a message back at 2:06am asking, again, for my transaction ID
  8. Provide ID again at 10:11am
  9. Receive another response at 3:06am the next day saying the license is applied to my account
  10. Check the account, no additional license - they apparently applied the license to my existing ALREADY PAID FOR email address
  11. Explained this in the reply at 8:36am
  12. Now I’m waiting… I guess for another 24 hours or so

Takeaways:
While the product is quite nice, the customer service is abhorrent. It is absolutely terrible business practice.

Suggestion to Insync:
Do what you say you’re going to do and be available when you say you’re going to be available. If you’re going to accept PayPal, INTEGRATE IT WITH THE ACCOUNTS. It really isn’t that difficult.

What’s at stake:
I work for a medium-sized company that is beginning to roll out more and more Linux PCs that will require a constant connection to Google Drive. For the price, this is a great solution - however, I will not even begin to entertain this product if this is any indication of the support I can expect to receive. Period…

1 Like

I had a similar issue purchasing an Insync license using PayPal. My issue was resolved within 24 hours so I presume your experience might be a one off. I’ve contacted Insync support on numerous occasions and have always had a great experience.

1 Like

Thanks so much, Tony. We were able to look into this as soon as possible. If you need anything else just let us know :slight_smile:

Welcome to the club. I got the same error, and I got a reply only after I asked refund to PayPal. Then nothing for one day, then I got a operator asking for what account (stupid question because they have transaction ID) was about the complain, I replied and then nothing for tow entire days. So I wrote to insynchq support asking for have my money back immediately. After 10 minutes my account was active. Now, on Linux Mint 18.3 that is my OS I have integrated sync so I can avoid InSync but on some virtual machines I have others OSes where I need to sync and this piece of software is the only working way… but support sucks

Hi,

Same problem for me today. Paid with Paypal error, no redirection, no mail from InSync but PayPal account debited

What to do ?

Hi there, can you send in the transaction ID and the account you want to sync with Insync so we can check this out? Please send them to support@insynchq.com

I have a transaction ID from Paypal. You have NOT resolved the issue in over 30 days. This support and software absolutely sucks. I have already emailed a refund request, as of OVER a month, nothing. I will NEVER recommend this software to anyone.

1 Like

Hi Steve,

I deeply apologize for the trouble. :frowning: Upon checking, the refund has been processed and you should have received an email from PayPal. If you did not get any notice, please send me an email (support@insynchq.com) with the PayPal transaction.