(Linux+GNOME) Icon not showing by default

Hi guys,

I’m able to see the icon, but only after quitting and restarting insync, actually. If I boot my OS, once I get into the GNOME session it just doesn’t show me the icon - despite the program being running just fine. Then a insync quit && insync start makes the icon show up again.

Any ideas of why this might be happening?

These are my specs:

• Arch Linux (Linux diogobaeder-desktop 4.14.5-1-ARCH #1 SMP PREEMPT Sun Dec 10 14:50:30 UTC 2017 x86_64 GNU/Linux)
  • GNOME 3.26.2+9+ga3736d3a3-1
  • sni-qt 0.2.6-4 installed
  • TopIcons Plus extension for GNOME Shell installed (icons showing at the top of my screen)
  • insync 1.3.17-2 installed

Thanks!
Diogo

Tagging our engineer @jimperio and he will get back to you after the hoildays. Thanks!

i got the same problem on antergos using gnome and top icon plus i log in it doesnt show the icon in the notification area
but if i kill insync and re-open it appears !!
thanks for the tip this will do for now …

i checked on deepin and it shows on the icons on there no problem … so its a top icon plus thing i think?

@Diogo_Baeder @Wayne_Ward I’m sorry for not getting back to you sooner! We are currently investigating other issues with the tray icon on newer versions of GNOME and will update you of any findings.

This is a Gnome 3 issue… ubuntu, manjaro… just install sni-qt and reboot, works in ubuntu and manjaro

Hi guys,

I’m not finding a way to edit this post, but, anyway, this issue is already solved, the icon runs fine for me. It was not only a matter of installing sni-qt, but also to uninstall another library whose name I don’t recall right now (I think it was libappindicator or something like that).

Thanks!
Diogo

1 Like