Linux Mint 18.3 (Cinnamon) - Icon tray response with delay and wrong status (+ errors in log)

After update to 1.4.9 the icon tray respond to click after about 10 seconds. Moreover the status is wrong, it shows offline (not always, it’s a bit erratic), but the program in fact works as expected.

Here is an error found in the log that happen when I click on the tray (“Adgang nægtet” = “Access denied”):

(process:22016): dconf-CRITICAL **: unable to create file '/home/franco/.cache/dconf/user': Adgang nægtet.  dconf will not work properly.

(process:22016): dconf-CRITICAL **: unable to create file '/home/franco/.cache/dconf/user': Adgang nægtet.  dconf will not work properly.

(process:22019): dconf-CRITICAL **: unable to create file '/home/franco/.cache/dconf/user': Adgang nægtet.  dconf will not work properly.

(process:22019): dconf-CRITICAL **: unable to create file '/home/franco/.cache/dconf/user': Adgang nægtet.  dconf will not work properly.
"sni-qt/22066" WARN  11:46:51.083 void StatusNotifierItemFactory::connectToSnw() Invalid interface to SNW_SERVICE 
"sni-qt/22094" WARN  11:47:17.763 void StatusNotifierItemFactory::connectToSnw() Invalid interface to SNW_SERVICE 
"sni-qt/4482" WARN  14:06:21.892 void StatusNotifierItemFactory::connectToSnw() Invalid interface to SNW_SERVICE 
Nemo-Share-Message: Called "net usershare info" but it failed: "net usershare" returnerede fejl 255: mkdir failed on directory /var/run/samba/msg.lock: Adgang nægtet
net usershare: cannot open usershare directory /var/lib/samba/usershares. Error Ingen sådan fil eller filkatalog
Please ask your system administrator to enable user sharing.

I have also tried to give access to my user to /home/franco/.cache/dconf/user (it’s currently own by root) without success.

Hey @fsoldera!

Thanks for reaching out. Tagging our engineer @Kurt_Ko for assistance.

For your information: “chown -R franco:franco /home/franco/.cache/dconf/user” fixed the problem. Unless the next update will reverse the ownership again.

1 Like

Thanks for the info @fsoldera! :slight_smile:

1 Like