Low speed, internet drain

when i turn insync on my internet connection speed drops.

i have an ADSL connection, that has about 12/24mb/s speed, but when using insync the speed drops to 2/3mb/s…

it’s really a big problem and it seems to be getting worst in the last updates, the only way that i can use the program is to turn it on only during the night.

what can i do?

@Filipe_Bonito Could you send your logs with the link to this post and include the following files in the folder:

• logs.db
  • out.txt
  • data folder
  • live folder

If these are too big for an attachment, feel free to send us a link so we can download these.

Does insync indicate its syncing files when you do these tests? If so, of course it’s going to consume your bandwidth while files are transferred. So maybe your question then is can insync bandwidth be throttled? Which I believe is not at this time, at least not through insync options.

Or is it that even when insync is not syncing files your bandwidth is dropping? In which case, your question is why is insync affecting my bandwidth even when idle?

1 Like

hello, thanks for the answers,

i think the problem is +/- solved, after the last updates there were a lot of files that the insync re-synced (in some cases even duplicate) and this would make the program to work for a long time, so i had to turn the program off in order to work…
so now everything is synced and it seems to be ok, i guess if i have a lot of files to sync again it will eat bandwidth…
it would be a good feature if we could limit the bandwidth to a threshold, in my case, i have ADSL with cable tv, and when insync is working hard, the internet stalls…

1 Like