Major duplication issues!

We moved over our company to full cloud backup of all new files coming up on 3 years. As at the time Google Drive was not so stable an option for Mac’s we began using Insync. This has worked as a perfect solution with our small network of computers using the same Google Drive account, being made up of two PCs running windows and two Macs.

Everything was working perfectly up until 3 or 4 months ago where the main Mac connecting lost its connection to the Google Account. When we finally reconnected it using the second last version of Insync it began creating a duplicate of some of the bigger folders. After noticing this we paused Insync, cleaned up all the duplicate files. We made sure that we renamed all folders to the original names, updated Insync and set it on its way again. I was away from the office Mac over the weekend and using my MacBook Pro. Everything appears to be fine in the cloud and on that. I came in this morning to find the work Mac has started creating duplicate folders inside one of our main folders.

What is going on? I have paused Insync until I can identify how to stop this from happening. Please advise or what solution can I go for instead.

Kind regards,

Sam

Hi @plugmedia we apologize for the inconvenience, can you kindly send in your logs along with the link to this post over to support@insynchq.com and we will immediately investigate your case.

cc @jimperio