Make Insync transactional in changes that it syncs to/from so can review before happen

I’d like a transactional option whereby next time I power up my machine, as useual Insync finds the changes it need to sync:

• folder and file moves
  • renames of files and folders
  • deletes
  • new files

BUT before it actually does the sync, it advises me of them. Perhaps as a list of checkboxes. And where one operation depends on a previous, then the dependent operation is a subtask, indented in that list.

I’m having so many problems with InSync in working out why it has deleted files to trash, why it suddenly syncs more files of its own accord even though there was a green tick symbol on the app earlier.

This would help me as the user be in more control, better informed as what InSync is trying to do.

AND BONUS - It could help you yourselves at InSync troubleshoot user’s problems and debug issues easier with this transactional approach.

You seem to be tending towards git-like functionality with ignore settings, so this transactional approach is a bit like git commits so going further down that git approach mentality.

Thanks!

1 Like

Hi @Rob_Davis,

This is a great suggestion to give users more control with the file changes. Let me share this with our engineers and our product team!