Migration path from insync for desktop to insync for server

Is there a way to convert my existing insync for desktop installation to an insync for server setup?

I have insync running on two computers: my laptop and my desktop. My desktop is in the basement, and I’m lazy, so I’ve set it up with wake-on-lan so that I can turn it on without leaving my couch. When I start my desktop with wake-on-lan, insync doesn’t start (presumably because there’s no display for insync):

$ insync start --no-daemon
qt.qpa.xcb: could not connect to display 
qt.qpa.plugin: Could not load the Qt platform plugin "xcb" in "" even though it was found.
This application failed to start because no Qt platform plugin could be initialized. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.

Available platform plugins are: eglfs, linuxfb, minimal, minimalegl, offscreen, vnc, wayland-egl, wayland, wayland-xcomposite-egl, wayland-xcomposite-glx, webgl, xcb.

Aborted (core dumped)

This makes me think that I would probably be better off with insync headless for servers on my desktop. Is there an easy way to migrate to insync for servers if I currently have insync for desktops installed?

I guess there’s a broader question of if there are any plans for interoperability between the two offerings, since it would be really nice to be able to use the insync for desktops UI when I go downstairs and login to my desktop, but it doesn’t sound like that’s currently supported

1 Like

Let me consult with our engineers and see if we have a direct solution to achieve the workflow :slight_smile: