Missing overlay icons for some file types in Mint 20.2 MATE Caja File Manager

I have installed the most current version of insync-caja (3.4.2.40983) and icon overlays are working, but it appears that overlay icons are only available for a subset of file types in the Mint 20.2 MATE Caja file manager, meaning that some files display correct overlay icons indicating sync status but others show no overlay icon. My guess is that there are no suitable icon files in the insync-caja release to replace the original Caja versions(?) This is occurring with even some rather common files types such as .pdf

If I use the Nemo file manager on the same machine then all file types show a correct overlay, the problem appears to be isolated to Caja.

Is this a known issue for insync-caja and Mint 20.2 MATE?

Thanks -

1 Like

Hi @smiller! Thank you for reaching out and apologies for the trouble. I appreciate you checked a different file manager which helps us isolate the issues further. I’ll check if this is a known Caja bug and will get back to you accordingly :slight_smile:

Hi @smiller, this doesn’t seem to be a known bug as per our Linux team. Are the files w/ the missing overlay icons also shown in Insync as synced? (meaning, it has a green check and it’s not ignored/unsynced).

Yes, the files with missing overlay icons are all showing with proper badges inside the InSync app. I expect that if you create a Mint 20.2 MATE environment you should be able to duplicate the problem.

1 Like

Let me send this info to our engineers and we’ll test the case in a similar environment. Thank you!