Moving folder problems

Hi, this is probably not so much a bug as it is a lack of understanding on my part.

insync-headless, Ubuntu 14.04. I have selective sync on one folder. I originally had insync mounted to /foo/bar/x where x matches the name of the one folder I am syncing - however when sync occurred, the contents of x were synced to the root of my Google Drive, rather than to the x folder.

Anyway, in attempting to fix this and restore the wanted behaviour, I have used the web interface in Drive to move the contents of x back where they were, i.e Drive/x. Unfortunately this has now changed my local path to /foo/bar/x/x.

I tried to run insync-headless move_folder /foo/bar/x /foo/bar and got Location /foo/bar is already used. /foo/bar - I figured this didn’t work because I was trying to work within the same path. So I paused sync and ran insync-headless move_folder /foo/bar/x /home/user/insync to move it elsewhere, then ran insync-headless move_folder /home/user/insync /foo/bar to move it back, and now I’m getting Account associated with path not found.

Not sure where to go from here. What have I done and how do I fix it?

@lpugoy can you check this out? :slight_smile:

@tcn33 I have replied to your support email.

What was the solution? I’m having the same issue.

From memory there wasn’t one, I ended up nuking it and starting over. I’m no longer using insync though so I won’t be much help - sorry :frowning:

May I ask what you’re using now for headless google drive syncing?

I moved from Ubuntu to Xpenology (on a HP N40L microserver) and Synology has a CloudSync feature built in that handles Drive.

1 Like

I have the same issue, was this ever fixed?