Nautilus sync indicator missing

Hello Insync,

I recently began participating in the 2.0 beta. I rely on Google Drive at work, and the current beta product isn’t yet ready for me to use day to day.

So, I removed Insync 2.0 from my Ubuntu 15.10 computer, and reinstalled the latest stable Insync (1.3.6).

The issue is that I no longer see the Nautilus file manager indicator on files and folders; green check mark for synced files and blue syncing icon for sync in progress.

Please advise.

Rahi

Let me tag our engineer @lpugoy and he will get back to you :slight_smile:

@rahi: When you uninstalled the insync package the insync-nautilus package was also removed because it depends on the former. The insync-nautilus package provides the badging and context menu for Insync. In your case you just need to reinstall it.

Got it. Thank you @lpugoy

Hello…after new installation of ubuntu 1604 insync ask about integration of nautilus…but i do not know what nautlis is? what is diifernce between insyn with and without nautilus

@Gunter_Schwarz: Nautilus is the name of the file manager for Ubuntu. Installing the integration with Nautilus will show emblems on the files inside the Insync folder that indicate their syncing status. The integration with Nautilus will also add a context menu for Insync when you right click a file in the file manager. Hope this helps.