New Install Not syncing

I just had to re-install my 64-bit Windows 7 OS and the new v1.4 of Insync. The app is not connecting properly to google. I entered my account in the app and it accepted the user/pass and appears to be logged in, but no syncing is happening. The blue icon showing that I’m logged in is not there, the icon is grayed out, even though when I open the app it says I’m logged in. So, I went to the web site and logged in there but each time I do it asks for me to sync to my google account again and again, but it is not communicating that to the app on my pc. I have checked all settings, uninstalled and re-installed numerous times . . running out of ideas.

Hi @Johnny_Wathen,

By “no syncing”-- do you mean that your files are just queued for hours without progress? Can you see green checks per file/folder?

There are no local files on my computer at all period from within the app I can see files on Google, but not a single file has been copied to my local hard drive. I’ve checked the default folder location several times, and during one uninstall and re install trade and move the folder thinking out might be it but it is still not working.

Could you try these steps?

• Right-click the empty space on your Insync window and select “Sync All Items”.
  • Should you want new files to auto-sync, kindly go to FOLDER SETTINGS (found at the top menu) and enable “Sync new children of partial folders”

Let me know if your files start to sync (green check = sync completed)

After several months back on Google Backup and Sync I am back here, but it is still not working properly. It is installed, the account is connected, but the icon is grayed-out and doesn’t let me open the program. I have to close the program in task manager then re-open it then i can see the settings window briefly and all looks good from there, account, folders etc.But no syncing occurs at all, it just sits there grayed-out.

Tagging our engineer @Rajat for assistance :slight_smile: