New Installation + Existent OneDrive Folder

Hi All!

I’ve just bought Insync to use, mainly the ignored folders option (node_modules and stuff like this). Here’s what I’ve done:

Closed Onedrive’s MS Client and disable auto startup;
Installed InSync and linked to my OneDrive Account;
Chose the already existed Sync Folder;

But inSync doesn’t sync anything. No Network Activity, no CPU usage, no disk access, the process stays idle all the time. When I try to ‘force’ some syncing inside InSync options, a Assertion Error appears and I have to restart the app.

Inside Insync app I can browse my files but activate or deactivate sync doesn’t do anything.
I’ve tried to change anything inside OneDrive Folders - add, rename, delete some files. InSync’s log reacts to action, but the change won’t go to the cloud.

Thanks in advance!

I’m using latest version 3.1.7.40811

Hi @danielcabral,

So sorry for not responding sooner. Do you mind sharing if this behavior (local to cloud not syncing) persists after you upgraded to 3.1.8? Furthermore, is the OneDrive folder you are making changes to also the same Base Folder location in your Insync app settings?

Hi @mia!

I’ve noted I can’t reuse my actual OneDrive folder…this is the expected behavior? I had to delete everything and re-download using InSync.

Hi @danielcabral,

Users should be able to re-use the OneDrive folder. Was the OneDrive app running at that time? If so, did you encounter any errors in particular that prevented you from reusing the OD folder?

When you said you had to delete everything-- did you have to completely uninstall Insync or did you have to delete the OneDrive folder/Base Folder to start over?

Hi Mia!

So…I tried many times re-use the onedrive folder, without success…first disabling OneDrive MS Client, followed by removing it, same result.

I don’t mind in removing entire folder, but would be nicer if InSync recognize it…I tried checking the file and folder permissions too, granting full access to everyone (suspected a permission issue).

I removed the OneDrive base folder and recreated it. Insync downloaded everything without issue and is working great!
Congrats for the great app! My main issues with OneDrive was the inability to skip some files/folders (node_modules and other Javascript libraries, i’m a sap ui5 dev), and the small fingerprint of InSync app…OneDrive use many system resources, without reason!

Anyway…I think we can close this issue, everything is working as expected! But…maybe worth a check in app code to assimilate the existing folder, when it exists…in my case InSync got stuck at “Pause Syncing”, without any cpu, disk and network activity.

Thanks one more time and greetings from Brazil!

Daniel

1 Like

Thanks for feedback, @danielcabral!

Would you mind sending your logs to support@insynchq.com so we can determine what caused the initial issue? Ideally users would be able to pick the preferred folder upon setup.