New Insync version: 1.2.12

Release notes:

• Made the top part of the UI cleaner.
  • In incoming shares, the user who shared to you is now always correctly identified.

There are also lots of internal changes here, so please test away!

Windows
Mac
Ubuntu 13.10 and older: 64 bit, <a href="http://s.insynchq.com/builds/insync_1.2.12.35154-precise_i386.deb"32 bit headless: 64 bit, 32 bit
Ubuntu 14.04 and newer: 64 bit, <a href="http://s.insynchq.com/builds/insync_1.2.12.35154-trusty_i386.deb"32 bit
Debian: 64 bit, 32 bit headless: 64 bit, 32 bit
Fedora 19 and older: 64 bit, 32 bit headless: 64 bit, 32 bit
Fedora 20 and newer: 64 bit, 32 bit
Portable: 64 bit, 32 bit

Please help test.

Thanks!

Dear Insync Employee,

Could you in the future also provide packages for OpenSUSE? I use OpenSUSE Tumbleweed and the Fedora packages do not work for me. Thanks in advance!

Kind regards,
Josquin

1 Like

This still doesn’t work in fedora 22

Any plans to bring it to Linux Mint?

You can install the ubuntu package in linux mint just fine

I meant the Mint repos, not installing the Ubuntu package.

I’m about to build a new box running Fedora 22 Workstation 64bit to replace a box running Fedora 20 64bit. But I can’t put it in operation until I’m sure Insync will run on Fedora 22. Insync is a must-have.

Will insync-1.2.12.35154-fc20.x86_64.rpm work? If not do you have an idea when a Fedora 22 package will be available?

The F20 packages work fine on F22, I’m running it myself. However, be advised if you’re running KDE Plasma, Insync still does not show in the status notification area. You have to control via the command line interface until they can figure out how to support the new standard. (Actually, it’s been out for quite a while now, but with the move of more distributions to KDE Plasma 5, more people are noticing).

Good to know. I never use KDE so no problem. Many thanks for the quick reply and information!

Hello Insync. Long-time user here. However I’m having an issue with the latest update. I have always had three Gmail addresses linked on my Insync account, but it now is only allowing for one. Was this a change recently?

Thanks,
Jim

I am having no success running 1.2.12.35154-fc20 on fedora 22. the program just exits with no login screen appearing.

~ $ insync start --no-daemon
./insync: symbol lookup error: /lib64/libpangoft2-1.0.so.0: undefined symbol: FcWeightFromOpenType
~ $ 

It does not. I am not sure if there is any workaround, but I’ve paid for this and just realized my data have not been backed up for some time already (like 2-3 weeks???!). Insync kindly fix this.

@jimsyx: From what version to what version did you upgrade? We’ve always supported multiple accounts.

Thanks for the info.

We have an upcoming release that should fix issues with Fedora 22.

Thank you all for your feedback.

Our new 1.2.13 release should fix the issues in Fedora 22.

1.2.13/1.2.14 installed and syncs on Fedora 22