New Insync version: 1.3.1

This is another preview release with some new features and fixes. We’re still working on the feedback you gave for 1.3.0.

Release notes:

• Selectively unsyncing now directly removes local files instead of moving them to ‘.insync-trash’. Thus, selectively unsyncing files will immediately free up your space.
  • Added a new option in selective sync where you can have Insync to automatically unsync new files coming from Google Drive. Just uncheck ‘Sync new children of partial folders’ to set this option.
  • Fixed a case where Insync gets stuck in syncing.
  • Fixed an issue where selective sync options are not respected.

Windows
Mac
Ubuntu 13.10 and older: 64 bit, <a href="http://s.insynchq.com/builds/insync_1.3.1.36042-precise_i386.deb"32 bit headless: 64 bit, 32 bit
Ubuntu 14.04 and newer: 64 bit, <a href="http://s.insynchq.com/builds/insync_1.3.1.36042-trusty_i386.deb"32 bit
Debian: 64 bit, 32 bit headless: 64 bit, 32 bit
Fedora 20 and older: 64 bit, 32 bit headless: 64 bit, 32 bit
Fedora 21 and newer: 64 bit, 32 bit
Portable: 64 bit, 32 bit

Please help us test.

Thanks!

Hi guys,
Great work!

Is there any news about the multiple destination folder feature?

Thanks
Stan

Hi Stan @sbrusse,

We don’t have update on the said feature, but it is on our to do list.

Thank you.

Roald

Thanks for the update Roald,

Hope it’s not too low on the list.
I’m really hopping up and down with impatience everyday for this.
It’s the last reason I can’t use insync in production, and it would change my life.

Stan

Our engineers are doing their best to give the best and quality features that will help the users.

I’m sure they are :wink:

Stan

Thanks Marte,

Could you explain us a little more about “Added a new option in selective sync where you can have Insync to automatically unsync new files coming from Google Drive. Just uncheck ‘Sync new children of partial folders’ to set this option.”

Thanks, good job.

Sorry, it is clear on the blog https://medium.com/@insync/insync-1-3-with-file-matching-is-finally-here-94a6ae957bc1
Thanks

Can we have the choice of the destination folder ? Actually only “InSynch”, “Google Drive” and “the name of the user” are available…

So if i want to synch the Google Drive folder “Hello” to a folder “Hello”, i can’t ! I got \Hello\InSync

I will be a good thing to be able to synch the content of a Google Drive folder to a Local disk folder, without adding another level (sub-folder).

Hello @Ingenierie_Media, you can type anything in the Insync Folder Name field (it’s not limited to Insync, Google Drive, and your email). Sorry for the confusion.

Can we leave it blank ?

I try to sync a network folder to a Google Folder, so don’t want to add extra layer of foldername (to avoid the 256 chars maximum lenght, and broken link in Excell Sheet if the name of the folder are changed, or extra folder added).

Hello @Ingenierie_Media, you can choose the parent of the destination folder as the location and then put the name of the folder as the Insync Folder Name. We’ll improve this UI next time. Thanks for your feedback!