New Insync version: 1.3.3

This release includes fixes for El Capitan, some duplication and deletion issues, among others.

Release notes:

• Fixed duplication issue when a file’s name has changed by case only (e.g. ‘hello’ to ‘Hello’).
  • When unsyncing a local file that has changes, the changes are uploaded first before deleting it locally.
  • Disabled the stripping of trailing periods for platforms that support it.
  • Fixed uploading of files with backslashes.
  • (Mac) Added context menu and badging for El Capitan.
  • (Linux) Fixed exception raised when running the Insync command with no arguments.

Windows
Mac
Ubuntu 13.10 and older: 64 bit, <a href="http://s.insynchq.com/builds/insync_1.3.3.36056-precise_i386.deb"32 bit headless: 64 bit, 32 bit
Ubuntu 14.04 and newer: 64 bit, <a href="http://s.insynchq.com/builds/insync_1.3.3.36056-trusty_i386.deb"32 bit
Debian: 64 bit, 32 bit headless: 64 bit, 32 bit
Fedora 20 and older: 64 bit, 32 bit headless: 64 bit, 32 bit
Fedora 21 and newer: 64 bit, 32 bit
Portable: 64 bit, 32 bit

Please help us test.

Thanks!

1 Like

Hi, thanks for the update 1.3.3 guys.

Mac 10.11.1 user here, the start up of Insynq application after installing seems to slow down and freeze a bit the Finder.

The sync progress icon (blue) only appears on top right menu bar, not on folders or files. Once the files are upload and finish to sync, the icon on the menu bar changes to green but it does not appear on the finder. Neither the context menu.

The green check icon (sync) does not appears on all the items, just on very few and only in the very first root of Insync folders & files, not on the inside files or folders

I hope it helps!

Thank you

NOTE: I have just reboot the machine and now seems to work better (!) :wink:

I got the latest 1.33 and it’s supposed to have fixed the right click menu issue. Unfortunately still not working for me. Any fixes I should do? Thanks

Hello @gmorph, can you check if the instructions here help you?

In there it says:

"only one extension can be active for a given folder, even if multiple extensions are enabled.

For instance, the Dropbox extension watches the Documents and Downloads folder. If the Insync folder is at Documents/Insync and both the Insync and Dropbox extensions are active, only one of them will “win out”, depending on which one was launched first.

To resolve the conflict, one of the two conflicting extensions must be disabled."

My insync is supposed to only watch one folder, how do i specify that extension to that specific folder?

@gmorph: It’s automatically set by Insync. If other extensions also watch that folder (or its parent or the parent of its parent, etc.), then there’s conflict.

So this is how I’m doing it:

I have 2 google accounts. 1 for biz and the other for personal. For the biz account, I let insync manage the sync and for the personal I let google drive do that. Biz files and folders are located in /user/google business. Personal in /user/google drive.

(I also have others like dropbox, box and but they are also have their own folders: user/dropbox and user/box.)

So when you say “only one extension can be active for a given folder, even if multiple extensions are enabled”, can I assume then that given my scenario, insync is the only one watching user/google business?

@gmorph: Yes, although some apps watch more than just their folders. To be sure, you can try disabling other extensions first and just enable them again later (just to know if there are conflicts). If it’s still not working, restarting Insync and/or Finder sometimes help.

So I thought sync comparison was featured now, but I needed to move my google drive to a bigger disk, so I copied it manually, and want Insync to target the new google drive on the new physical drive, and re-sync to the cloud without downloading everything (that’s the whole new feature thing right?). But it says the location is already being used. Any ideas?

Hello @Bryan_Conn, if you simply want to move your current Insync location, you can just change the Insync Folder Location under Account Settings and Insync will move the files for you.

The sync comparison or file matching feature is useful when your Google Drive files (or most of them) already exists locally and you want to use those so that no unnecessary downloads/uploads are done.

Let me know if you have more questions.

Thanks @marte, I appreciate that. Perhaps if I started with that originally I would have avoided this, but I’m not sure. Here’s where I’m at now - Insync is uploading files into the the Google Drive parent directory (mostly the proper parent directories), but in the last sub-directory it is making a new directory like 2015-10-01 (2) and uploading the contents again. There is already a 2015-10-01 with all the files (photos mostly), but it wants to upload them again.

Since I have nearly a TB on Google Drive and only a 5mb/s upload bandwidth, this isn’t ideal. I’ve paused it while I think about what to do. I’m thinking I may have to download everything again, even though I have it on disk locally already (which is what Insync is using to upload). For good measure, I would probably do a complete uninstall of Insync and reinstall it first. Still, my download bandwidth is only 50mb/s, so this is still not a nice thought.

It’s Mac OS X El Capitan and the latest Insync, FYI. Thanks for any help.

Bryan

@Bryan_Conn: In that case, another option is to remove your account under Account Settings (this won’t remove your local files). Then add the account again, this time using the locally existing files as the folder location. This is where file matching / sync comparison kicks in. It won’t do unnecessary uploads or downloads since it’ll detect that the files exist locally (as long as you specify correctly where the local files match with your Google Drive files).

Hope this helps.

1 Like

@marte This sounds like it would be perfect. I’ll give it a try! :slight_smile:

Bryan