New Insync version: 3.0.25

Release notes:

• Add a setting to automatically sync new cloud items under partially-synced folders and make it the default for new accounts
  • Fix error in some cases when generating activity for shared items in Google Drive
  • Sort accounts in Activity Feed dropdown in the same order as in the top bar

Windows 7 and later
macOS 10.10 (Yosemite and later)

Ubuntu (16.04 Xenial) & (18.04 Bionic)
Linux Mint (18.x) & (19.x)
Debian (8 Jessie) , (9 Stretch) & (10 Buster)
Fedora (27) , (28) , (29) & (30)

1 Like

Hi, left click on add account does not work. Using OpenSuse Tumbleweed.
Alternative Login works as workaround. thanks

2 Likes

Where is this setting located? Could not find it in the account preferences or in cloud sync.

How do I download the portable version? I’m trying to install this for Clear Linux

There is no link to download ANY portable or headless version in the downloads section of the website.

I think they said there won’t be any headless versions any more. Not sure about portable.

Hi wolfi, it’s in the gear setting under My Drive or Files right now but it applies to ALL partially-synced folders. :slight_smile:

In version 1.5.7, for the files share with me, we had the choice to sync or keep it in the cloud. Could you put back this option again?
Thank you

When syncing large files of 2GB each this version consumes 100% of your remaining memory (I have 16GB RAM) and one CPU thread is also at 100% and then it crashes. I went back and downgraded to version 1.5.7 which is highly stable with cleaner user interface.

One more time I have to up my hand to ask for the Fedora/openSUSE repo sync. It still has the v3.0.24.

Hi @Nestor_Acevedo,

The repo has been updated. Can you check this out and let me know if any issues pop up? :slight_smile:

What about functional thunar plugin for Insync3? All updates (even last two 3.0.24 and 3.0.25) completely ignore the fact, that thunar plugin still (from the first release of Insync3) does not work at all!!!

I think that is really the time to renew as soon as possible the support of the thunar file manager integration with Insync3. Your promises announced here, regarding active developing of thunar plugin, are endless but they are still remains only as promises … any useful thunar plugin is still not available. This is a shame!!!

Moreover: Removing the command-line (headless) interface for Insync3 seems to be a major mistake in the light of current experience. For many types of tasks, the ability to use CLI is crucial (routine tasks managed by appropriate scripts). In addition, your evidently poor assessment of providing users with only interactive GUIs is degraded by the lack of reliable and functional integration with some file managers (Thunar, for example). So I strongly recommend a fundamental review of the overall Insync3 concept.

1 Like

I second michael.kvasnicka’s point. The abandonment of insync-headless leaves advanced users out to dry. Bring back CLI and continue development on insync-headless 1.5.7 until the former is achieved please.

Yes, it finally got updated.

In 3.0.25 (not sure if not even earlier), when I click on an account’s icon to get to the list of files, Insync shows no files and a message “There are no files in this location”. After a few (tens) of seconds, it then loads the list of files and displays it. But it’s pretty confusing. I’d expect a spinner/progressbar instead of the empty location message.

For my drive with a few files, it loads almost instantly on fast connections. But my drive with 70k of files takes some 10-20 seconds even on fast connections.

1 Like