New Insync version: 3.1.5

Release notes:

• Fix Conflicts item appearing when renaming then editing local files
  • Fix Conflicts item appearing for google format files’ shortcuts
  • Fix issue when renaming synced Google-format files locally
  • Fix Activity feed not properly generating activities for OD items
  • Fix Conflicts item appearing when renaming or moving item remotely then editing locally
  • Fix error when modifying a OneDrive file to be empty

Windows 7 and later
macOS 10.10 (Yosemite and later)

Ubuntu (16.04 Xenial) & (18.04 Bionic)
Linux Mint (18.x) & (19.x)
Debian (8 Jessie) , (9 Stretch) & (10 Buster)
Fedora (27) , (28) , (29) & (30)

1 Like

Still having a big memory leak issue on macOS, as already reported https://forums.insynchq.com/t/out-of-memory-memory-leakage/15475/6

Why this release was not issued on ubuntu 20.04 ? There are a lot of conflicts with Insync version 3

Hi @Fabrice26,

Did you mean to ask about the repositories being updated for Ubuntu 20.04? What are these conflicts that you are particularly experiencing on Insync 3?

Hi @bagl0312,

We are currently investigating this issue and will be updating all affected users which upcoming build contains the fix. :slight_smile:

Does this release fix the long-standing bug in v3 where Insync starts using 100% CPU and does no work?

I sometimes regret not blocking updates to Insync once there’s a version that’s seamlessly working because predictibly an update comes that breaks it all. I had some hesitation before this update and, alas, here I am with no sync. The work I’ve done on my other computer is currently unavailable to me. Didn’t notice until now, but all the files from the past few days are not updated. Very distressing. I really should be looking for another syncing solution.