New Insync version 3.3.0

Release notes:

• Fix conflicts wrongly getting detected for directories
  • Fix bug when deleting item then adding the same name but different type
  • Fix false positive Conflicts when editing then deleting local files

Windows 7 and later
macOS 10.13 (High Sierra and later)

Ubuntu (16.04 Xenial) , (18.04 Bionic) & (20.04 Focal)
Linux Mint (18.x) , (19.x) & (20.x)
Debian (8 Jessie) , (9 Stretch) & (10 Buster)
Fedora (27) , (28) , (29) & (30)

The download for 20.04 Focal doesn’t work.

Hi! Sorry about that-- fixed it :slight_smile:

Just downloaded and installed. Works perfectly to me.

Scenario:

• Linux MInt 20, fully updated
  • tens of thousands of files have been variously: created, deleted, copied, moved around
  • at round the same or similar time frame I updated to 3.3.0

Now:

• Insync starts and begins Syncing…
  • in parallel, it may or may not start uploading some of those myriad files
  • the icon shows blue syncing arrows
  • eventually displayed folder being scanned gets stuck
  • Insync now uses 100% CPU for hours
  • the icon is greyed out

Stopping and restarting either Insync or the machine just repeats the symptoms above. The only difference is the actual folder where Syncing… gets stuck and it seems if any files do get uploaded they are not repeated but new ones get a chance. Still, for a couple of days now no real progress is made in syncing local changes to the cloud and vice versa, as downloads don’t seem to get a chance to be done (I haven’t checked thoroughly).

Surely this is not expected, regardless of the, frankly ridiculous, number of files that require syncing? Any ideas how to fix this? Do I need to try and go back to a previous version or is it unlikely to make a difference?

Hi @Vladimir_Oka,

Could you send me your latest log files from ~/.config/Insync? Please include the following: logs.db, out.txt, data folder, and live folder.

Please also send me a screenshot of the app UI. Email these to support@insynchq.com with the link to this post. If the changes were made and an update was done, it should ideally pick up from where it left off, so this is indeed not expected to happen.

Hi @mia,

I have sent the e-mail, initially just with the text logs as the folders are huge.

Also, just after taking a screenshot and sending the logs I restarted Insync yet again and then it seems to have finally unblocked itself. It took until now (i.e., ~7h) to scan and upload what was left to do but it’s now happy.

So, at the moment, my issue is solved.

However, I fear next time I have a large number of files to sync it’ll be the same story again: at least a dozen restarts and total running time of close to 3 days(!).

It’s probably still worth for you to investigate as this is also not the first similar wobble since v3 was introduced. I hope it doesn’t take until v4 to finally make it as rock solid as 1.5.7 was.

Thanks,
Vladimir

1 Like

I have Insync 3.3.0.40894 on a Mac. The icon shows a green tick, but several of the individual folders show the blue sync-in-progress sign. They have been stuck like that for a long time and files I have changed in the cloud are not being updated, although they do show in the feed.

Hi @MDP, does it say “Syncing…” or “Scanning…” at the bottom of the UI?

Please send your logs to support@insynchq.com as well if you haven’t. :slight_smile: You can follow the steps here to fetch the logs: https://help.insynchq.com/en/articles/1834816-locating-the-log-files

As a Kubuntu 20.10 user, I’ve downloaded and installed the Debian 10 package without any problems.
Looking forward to the seeing a new (*)Ubuntu 20.10 software channel for automatic updates.

1 Like