New Insync version: 3.3.1

Release notes:

• Fix syncing not progressing in some cases when there are errors/action required items
  • Fix bug when trying to sync .gdlink or .gdmap files
  • Remove some actions for items with missing syncing location
  • Handle authentication error while trying to upload items
  • Improve Progress feed UX

Windows 7 and later
macOS 10.13 (High Sierra and later)

Ubuntu (16.04 Xenial) , (18.04 Bionic) & (20.04 Focal)
Linux Mint (18.x) , (19.x) & (20.x)
Debian (8 Jessie) , (9 Stretch) & (10 Buster)
Fedora (27) , (28) , (29) & (30)

2 Likes

If this refers to Syncing… progress bar displaying only the last directory name in the path then I’d argue this is opposite to improvement: having same subdirectory names in several branches of the directory tree now I can’t figure out where exactly the syncing progress is.

Otherwise, this version does seem to improve syncing speed after restart. It also doesn’t seem to be prone to stalling. If this proves to be true then the problem with progress display above may not be that big but I’d still prefer the old, full path, style. Or at least include a level down and up at the end and start, respectively?

1 Like

Thank you for sharing the experience on this new version, @Vladimir_Oka. I have forwarded the feedback on the UI changes to our team :slight_smile:

Hello!

I stopped using Insync the first time around because the scan would get stuck. Now, when I start up the app, it creates copies of almost every google doc or sheet that I have. For example. If I have File.gdoc, Insync creates File (1).gdoc File.gddoc, File (1) (1).gdoc, and more with similarly duplicate named files with different extensions. I have no idea what that’s about.

I still see the same totally broken machine-grinding behavior as in https://forums.insynchq.com/t/insync-3-2-6-keeps-scanning-and-not-synching/. Insync is now so bad that I’ve stopped using it except when I know that I need to sync files.

I’ve been a fan since 2012, but that’s changing fast. I hope that this issue is your #1 priority because it’s killing your product for me, and apparently for others too.

1 Like

Hi @Kyle_Shores,

Could you confirm if you’ve sent your logs.db and out.txt files to support@insynchq.com? If not, please do so and let me know if this is only happening locally, in the cloud, or both.

Thank you and apologies for the huge trouble.

Hi @Reece,

I understand the trouble and per our email exchanges, I will follow this up with our engineers so we can further deploy improvements for the stuck sync/scan.