New Insync version: 3.3.8

Release notes:

• Mac: Fix device identification issues for MacBooks with Touch Bar
  • Show Action items for license updates only if functionality was lost - otherwise just show them on the Feed
  • OneDrive: show error prompt when directories ending in a period are added locally
  • OneDrive: Fixed some scenarios wherein cloud changes are not synced locally

Windows 7 and later
macOS 10.13 (High Sierra and later)

Ubuntu (16.04 Xenial) , (18.04 Bionic) & (20.04 Focal)
Linux Mint (18.x) , (19.x) & (20.x)
Debian (8 Jessie) , (9 Stretch) & (10 Buster)
Fedora (27) , (28) , (29) & (30)

Clicking on Linux Mint 20.x link gives the following error:

This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.

AccessDenied
Access Denied
4ZCWDNRW90BHAPN2
rKxWw/KkhY/aJSGscxBhhu2e9cOPmM06F+6WMFgDwF+zlsENv5WtLAPrE7474RcWbm4aRoXT7I4=

Ah! Thanks for pointing that out. Let me request our engineer to fix the link pronto. :slight_smile:

The link works now. Thanks! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi, did you fix the memory leak problems with M1 processor? thanks

Hi @Guido_Ricciuti,

There is no permanent fix yet for the memory leak issue, but let me follow this up with our engineers.

Thank you for raising this to our attention!

No offence and nothing personal but M1 silicon exist already since June/July 2020 and there is no fix yet?? it’s not just a simple memory leak but it made restart the computer each time, comprising also the quality of the sync of the files (many duplicates, especially with big files). This should be already a main priority since M1 has been realised…and Mac future is on that chipset

1 Like

@Guido_Ricciuti No offence taken, we appreciate your feedback :slight_smile:

Let me bring this up with our Mac engineers so we can re-evaluate how we’re approaching this particular issue.

on my mac (2018 mac mini) I’m also having a memory leak, so this does not seem to be only for M1 macs!

this grows over several days until insynq crashes…

Hi @wodka. Could you send your logs.db and out.txt files to support@insynchq.com with the link to this post? You can find those files by clicking the 3 dots on the upper right of the Insync app > Help > Open log. :slight_smile:

sent the logs just now

1 Like

Is insync m1 ready yet and working? i just upgraded my mac and wont be installing insync until it’s ready…and may look for alternatives

Hi @Robert_Granholm, we’ve received some reports about Insync showing up as a blank, white box on M1 machines and we are looking into the issue. Are you experiencing the same issue?

I have a M1 Mac Mini and and M1 Macbook Pro and it has the blank white box issue on both. A M1 version would be a significant improvement.

Mark

No, it’s not a universal app I dont want to run it in Rosetta, when will you have a native version?

We came here to buy this but just searched first to make sure there was native Apple Silicon support. Do you have a timeline for that, or should we give up?

Hi @cmbail,

We do not have a native Apple Silicon support yet in our timeline, but will bring this up once more to our engineers as we are also investigating MacOS-specific issues and improvements.