New Insync version: 3.4.1

Release notes:

• Mac: Fix blank screen bug on Big Sur 11.4
  • Fix 2-way CSS during onboarding resulting in 1-way sync

Windows 7 and later
macOS 10.13 (High Sierra and later)

Ubuntu (16.04 Xenial) , (18.04 Bionic) & (20.04 Focal)
Linux Mint (18.x) , (19.x) & (20.x)
Debian (8 Jessie) , (9 Stretch) & (10 Buster)
Fedora (27) , (28) , (29) & (30)

4 Likes

This completely fixed the issues I was having on Big Sur. Thanks so much for the promptness – I was about to ditch Google Drive altogether.

1 Like

This update fixed the Big Sur issue I was having. Thanks.

1 Like

Solid fix - thank you!

1 Like

The 3.4.0 release did not allow two way syncing on Ubuntu 21.04 even though 2-way syncing was chosen in installation. Does this release fix that? It is not clear that the bullet
Fix 2-way CSS during onboarding resulting in 1-way sync
addresses this bug.

@papabicyclette Yes! :slight_smile: In 3.4.0, selecting 2-way syncing during installation leads to those folders being synced 1-way (from cloud to local). 3.4.1 addresses this – if you select files to sync 2-way from the cloud, it will sync as 2-way.

Need to update https://www.insynchq.com/downloads with the new version as well

1 Like

Yes! Coming up @insilications :slight_smile: Thank you!!

Thanks, syncing on my Mac Mini M1 Big Sur 11.4 with out any issues:-)

1 Like

Thank you…fixed!

The odd thing was that notifications were still happening.

2 Likes

Hi @Christine_Zacharer :slight_smile: Could you please expound on what those notifications are?

Hi Mia,

I am a teacher and use insync to interface with my google drive/google classroom. (Because google drive did not work initially on M1 MacBook Pros.)

So I receive notifications when when a student submits or updates their work. Those notifications continued even though I could not interface directly with insync (after the BigSur 11.4 update). I will note, and I apologize in advance, because I did not pay attention, but I do not believe that syncing was actually occurring, just notifications.

I do note now, that Google drive is functional for M1 Macs, however, I must say that I prefer the way Insync works, and how I can selectively update only certain folders and not my entire Google Drive to desktop…that was annoying.

I do wish that Insync was able to sync more than a single user account (both my teacher one and my person one, as I do share between them interchangeably) but oh well…

Thanks for addressing this issue
Christine

Hi Christine,

Files within your Drive, when updated/uploaded/etc, pop up in your Feed even if they’re not synced. The Feed shows all the activities happening within your account.

You can choose to disable those notifications by hovering on the 3 dots on the upper right of your app > Preferences > uncheck show pop up notifications.

For the user accounts-- Insync does support multiple accounts :slight_smile: Why don’t you shoot me an email at support@insynchq.com and let me know what account you’re syncing? I’ll advise you from there!

Debian/Buster build of this version is not available in your apt repository as far as I can see. Will the repository updated too?

Hi! I’ll follow up with our Linux team to ensure that the repositories are updated. Thank you so much for bringing this to my attention, @bayindirh!

Don’t mention it! Also, the plugins are not updated to the latest version too. They work rather well, however.

Thanks for following up so quick. :slight_smile:

1 Like

@bayindirh Repos updated!

On plugins: although they share the same version as the main client, we don’t release them unless there are changes made to the plugins :slight_smile:

@mia, thanks a lot for the heads up!

As long as everything’s working as expected, version numbers doesn’t matter from my PoV. I’m just a happy Insync customer who wants it to continue working. :slight_smile:

Cheers!

1 Like

Happy to hear that, @bayindirh! Appreciate your continued trust and support in us :heart:

1 Like