New Insync version: 3.5.4

Release notes:

• Dropbox: Fix files larger than 3.5GB being mistakenly flagged as exceeding the 350GB API upload limit

Windows 7 and later
macOS 10.13 (High Sierra and later)

Ubuntu (16.04 Xenial) , (18.04 Bionic) & (20.04 Focal)
Linux Mint (18.x) , (19.x) & (20.x)
Debian (8 Jessie) , (9 Stretch) & (10 Buster)
Fedora (27) , (28) , (29) & (30)

hi, M1 processor support has finally been added? thanks

1 Like

@Guido_Ricciuti hi! We have not worked on an M1 Insync installer for our Mac users, but I will discuss this with our engineers to see what it entails in terms of resources within our projects cycles.

Thank you!

1 Like

Here’s another potential client currently holding back due to lack of native support for Apple Silicon. Any news on the timeline?

2 Likes

Would love an m1 native version - Insync is a massive hog for resources on the M1. As are OneDrive, Google and Dropbox. If you could get an M1 version out you would be well ahead of the game as many other people are having issues with sync agents hogging resources on M1.

1 Like

Thank you @kumakae and @Oliver_Jobson for the feedback!

@kumakae - could you let me know if you’ve tried Insync and have experienced issues on Insync hogging resources on your M1 machine?

Hi @Camille Thanks for the release notes. You packaged for 13 different Linux repos and still missed some (e.g Opensuse). Could you please consider providing a build for Flatpak instead? This one is guaranteed to work on every Linux flavor, hence less hassle for the user and less work for you. Thanks!

1 Like

Thank you for the feedback, @kusi! For now, we are planning to add a repo for OpenSUSE (Zypper) to make the installation more seamless (reference post here).

Seems like Flatpak is getting more traffic as a feature request; let me bring this up again with our Linux team!

2 Likes

Hi @mia, I just tried it out. CPU usage is ok, along the lines of OneDrive (which is also non-native) but higher than e.g. Maestral, which is native. However, Insync appears to use quite a bit of memory. It’s actually the application currently using the most memory on my system, >1 GB compared to <100 MB for OneDrive.

1 Like

Hi @kumakae :slight_smile: Thank you for the feedback! Would you mind sending your logs.db and out.txt files to support@insynchq.com with the link to this post? It seems like we would need to dive deeper into the core reason (performance perhaps) why Insync is using up that much memory as compared to, say, a fellow non-native app like OneDrive.

You may refer to this guide on how to send your logs: https://help.insynchq.com/en/articles/1834816-locating-the-log-files