New Insync version: 3.7.11

Release notes:

• Linux: Fix machine id changing on boot in some instances
  • Linux: Fix postinst script errors
  • Improvements to handling of rate limit errors

Windows 7 and later
macOS 10.13 (High Sierra and later)

Ubuntu (16.04 Xenial) , (18.04 Bionic) , (20.04 Focal) & (22.04 Jammy)
Linux Mint (18.x) , (19.x) & (20.x)
Debian (8 Jessie) , (9 Stretch) , (10 Buster) & (11 Bullseye)
Fedora (27) , (28) , (29) , (30) & (36)

2 Likes

During installation in Ubuntu 22.04.1, it shows the following error:

/var/lib/dpkg/info/insync.postinst: 113: [: 4c317832b607cd2d121c0bf06e82b18a: unexpected operator

@cfgnunes Let me check this out for you – the postinstall script should’ve been addressed in this version :thinking:

I got the exact same error during installation. I’m on Ubuntu 20.04.

But even with the error Insync seems to be working fine.

Hey @cfgnunes and @rfabm,

This is a known bug that we’ll be fixing in the next build. As per our engineer, it should still install without issues even with that error pops up. Let me know otherwise!

Installed and purchased, cant activate and cant test it

We apologize for the trouble! Please let me know if you’ve reached out to support@insynchq.com regarding this.

@aplmed It looks like my colleague has responded to your message. Let me know if you didn’t receive it!

Hi Mia, no we don’t get any response yet. still need to activate license and there is an issue

@aplmed I see. It could be that the email went to your Spam.

In any case, here’s her response:

Hi! I see that your license is a Solo & Backup under *****@gmail.com. (email retracted here for your privacy)

Can you try clicking refresh and see if it works? :slight_smile:

Hi, we still having sync issues

Hi @aplmed,

Are you pertaining to the licensing? I can confirm that the license has been transferred to a*****@gmail.com (email retracted for privacy).

If you have a different concern, please email support@insynchq.com with the details of your report. Thank you!

I am referring to product functionality, it won’t sync after creating a local folder. You have to pause and unpause in order folder to be uploaded.

Thanks for the redirect - I was able to trace the email thread about this initial report.

I’ll follow it up with our engineers to see what’s causing this bug on a local-to-cloud sync. Could you re-confirm if it’s just the creation of a local folder? (i.e., if you pause + resume to sync that local folder, then add a new file – does the new file sync automatically?)

That is correct - it wont sync automatically, you need to pause and unpause manually

@aplmed Gotcha. Following up on that question, I can’t seem to confirm from above if that only happens for new folders and new files, or just new folders?

Could you let me know?

Hi there!
seems working now
but before folder or file will not sync (new)

Oh! That’s really great to hear. Please don’t hesitate to email us at support@insynchq.com if the issue resurfaces.

Thank you so much!