New Insync version: 3.8.0 with universal search!

Changes:

• Universal search feature: search files across all your cloud accounts
  • Win: Improve uniqueness of machine fingerprint to address a licensing bug
  • Fix app crash when browsing Starred section
  • Release Posthog product analytics to all users
  • Error-handling improvements: local to cloud syncing of a new file whose parent directory has been deleted in the cloud
  • Fix reliability of some scenarios concerning files that get implicitly trashed in the cloud due to the explicit trashing of its parent
  • Fix issue wherein the blue syncing badge still appears when an ignored item is modified locally
  • Ignore local files prefixed with .~ on Dropbox

Windows 7 and later
macOS 10.13 (High Sierra and later)

Ubuntu (16.04 Xenial) , (18.04 Bionic) , (20.04 Focal) , (22.04 Jammy) & (22.10 Kinetic)
Linux Mint (18.x) , (19.x) , (20.x) & (21.x)
Debian (8 Jessie) , (9 Stretch) , (10 Buster) & (11 Bullseye)
Fedora (27) , (28) , (29) , (30) , (36) & (37)

4 Likes

Love the direction in which Insync is now heading. Universal search is so convenient. Moreover glad to see sync bugs are being fixed.

3 Likes

This comment means a lot to us, @Sparsh. Thank you!!

This version is not in the Ubuntu repos yet. When can we expect it?

@Bill_Miller Hi! We update the repositories after our web release. I’ll follow this up with our Linux team. Thanks!

Either still or again, I get

Insync headless is not included in your "Developer Sync/Developer Sync/Developer Sync/Developer Sync" license. Visit https://www.insynchq.com/pricing for more info.

with insync-3.8.0.50453-fc36.x86_64 when I run insync status. Commands like start and quit work. Note that this is not the headless install, just the cli to the applet, In any case, I thought headless is included in my license but can’t find info about the extent of that legacy license.

Hi @MJG!

I checked your account and I can see that you own a Developer Sync Plan.

To note: Insync-headless is included in our new pricing: https://www.insynchq.com/pricing. It is not included in the Solo/Personal/Developer/Company Sync Plan.

Follow up: I’ll check why this prompt pops ups. You’re still doing insync start when you get this prompt, similar to your report here, correct?

Yes, I reposted here because of the new version. I start the applet using insync start and usually operate through the tray icon. All commands on the cli seem to work, including hide/show, it is just insync status which gives this error. Everything from the same shell within a GUI desktop - no headless insync install, no headless usage of the cli.
(And yes, I thought headless is included with this license as is server. Distinguishing between cli/headless/server etc and the various licenses will require taking a couse on that soon …)

1 Like

Gotcha. Could you send over your logs.db and out.txt files to support@insynchq.com? Please address the email to me and include a link to this forums post for easy reference. :slight_smile:

The logs should be in ~/.config/Insync. Thank you!

1 Like