No app window in new installation of 1.5.4.x

Xubuntu 18.04 (xfce); tray icon is visible but no app window shows when clicking. App was set to not sync during installation, but without window, I cannot turn on syncing.

Hi @Lance_Eames,

Can you let me know if running insync quit then insync start on your command line lets you access the app window?

Hi, I have the same issue and run the commands as suggested. it restarts the app and the tray icon appears but left or right clicking has not effect on the app.

Hi @David_Sharp,

Are you also on Xubuntu 18.04 (xfce)?

There is no change after restarting the app.

Hi @Lance_Eames,

Please run insync start --no-daemon and send me the output. :slight_smile: You can do so here or via email at support@insynchq.com with the link to this post.

Thanks!

This issue seems to have righted itself after the latest library update. Thanks for your help.

1 Like

Hi @Lance_Eames

Thanks for the update! :slight_smile: Just shoot us a message for any app issues. Have a great day!

This problem appears to have resurfaced, exactly as before. All OS updates are current.

“insync quit” has no effect, but returns “OK”.

Further clarification to the above comment;

“insync quit” has no effect on the tray icon, but running “insync quit” again returns “insync doesn’t seem to be running. Start if first.”

Then, running “insync start” returns “It seems another insync app is running. Will quit now”

On reboot, without insync running; “insync start --no-daemon” returns a list of available commands.

Hi @Lance_Eames,

Can you also let me know if you’re still on 1.5.4 or have you updated to v1.5.5?

Also tagging our engineer @Kurt_Ko for further assistance. :slight_smile:

I updated to 1.5.5 after the the problem resurfaced. The notes, above, refer to tests performed with 1.5.5.

I’m not sure why this thread ran cold. This is still an issue for Debian users running XFCE and Thunar. (or, I believe any file manager, for that matter). I’ve tried Nautilus, Caja, and Dolphin, and every detail above has happened for me, exactly as it did for Lance.

Where are you InSync support? This needs fixing for those of use running Debian servers :wink: