No right click menu in Windows Server 2016?

Hello,

I am interested in using insync to sync my google drive and my rendering server that i use for various rendering applications. Due to the hardware requirements needed for the projects i am forced to run windows server 2016 datacenter. I have tried installing the product multiple times and using various locations including local C: drive and network storage as the directory. Everything seems to work fine except the right click context menu does not show up when right clicking. Is this a limitation in server 2016? i have the app installed and working on windows 10 no issues and even in a linux vm on the server 2016 machine and both have the context menu available.

I have also tried some other solutions in threads such as using a different admin account and setting the database to the C: drive and neither has helped.

Is there any other suggestions to get the menu? If not is there an alternative way to link a network drive location that is outside the default directory without the menu?

i can upload my logs if that helps just let me know.

thanks,
Philip

tagging our engineer @dipesh

Hello Philip,

“Add to Insync” context menu is available only if your Insync folder is present on the local drive. So, when you install Insync on the non-default administrator and setup account, does it not show the usual “Insync” context menu on the Insync folder?

Kindly send the logs to support@insynchq.com

Thanks

Hello dipesh,

I tried to install on the local drive and the menu was still not present. I will send the logs and a link to this post to the email in a few minutes.

Currently by boot disk is 800gb and i need to be able to sync over 10Tb to my raid 50 array that is set as drive D: additionally id like to sync data from several virtual machine shared folders that are located on drive E: if i install onto the boot drive can i use syslinks to sync the required data so that it does not fill the boot drive?

Thanks,
Philip

Edit: Sent the email.

Any update on this? I have gone ahead and purchased the full version while i wait for this to be addressed but just wanted to check up on the progress.

Try it anyway. Create a new user within the Administrators group, assign permissions to the entire drive, but it happens that in some folders the context menu appears and in others not, even creating new folders, they are listed with the insync icon but I do not see the contextual menu.