No tray icon in lastest version

No. I do not time for this task, because my actual user, .config folder is too huge to find differences with a default folder .config user.

But this last check is most short task. And I want to help to find the solution with my input.

Terminal responds:
xxxx:~$ python ./tray_test.py
QSystemTrayIcon::setVisible: No Icon set

xxxx:~$ /usr/lib/insync/py ./tray_test.py
/usr/lib/insync/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.20’ not found (required by /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libproxy.so.1)
Failed to load module: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/gio/modules/libgiolibproxy.so
QSystemTrayIcon::setVisible: No Icon set

The same icon appeared as david illustrate above.

I also uninstalled the insync and reinstalled it but the same icon…

@thomaseo: I see. Please try testing another icon under /usr/share/icons/hicolor if it has the same result. You don’t need to use the whole name of the file, just the part before the extension. So if the icon’s name is insync-normal.png for example, you only use insync-normal.

Same result,

under the hicolor directory there are subdirectories like 32x32, 42x42, 48x48. Only under the 48x48/status there are all the insync-xxxxx.png icons.

@thomaseo: I see. This seems to be a general issue with PySide or Qt 4 on your system. If you have appmenu-qt5 installed please check if uninstalling it will help.

Uninstall appmenu-qt5, restart pc and same icon again…

For me same result. No icon…

@thomaseo: I see. Unfortunately I’m not sure how to resolve this since it seems to be a general issue with PySide or Qt 4 on your system.

@David_Gamiz_Jimenez: For your case I think it is still a value somewhere in the ~/.config folder of your account. Or maybe a value in your environment? Try running Insync with an empty env using env -i DISPLAY=:0 insync start --no-daemon to check if that has any effect.

No launch notification area. Log:

/bin/sh: 1: which: not found
/bin/sh: 1: which: not found
“sni-qt/8123” WARN 21:40:03.331 void StatusNotifierItemFactory::connectToSnw() Invalid interface to SNW_SERVICE
INFO 2016-11-16 21:40:03,535 [init:info:1614] insync version: 1.3.11.36106
INFO 2016-11-16 21:40:03,537 [init:info:1614] client created <ideskmain.client.Client object at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
INFO 2016-11-16 21:40:03,537 [init:info:1614] unix socket server thread start
INFO 2016-11-16 21:40:03,538 [init:info:1614] starting client
INFO 2016-11-16 21:40:03,558 [init:info:1614] LinuxFSWatcher._start
INFO 2016-11-16 21:40:03,560 [init:info:1614] Inotify loop enter
INFO 2016-11-16 21:40:03,666 [init:info:1614] Syncing GDUser(id=u’xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx’, email=u’xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx’, name=u’xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx’).
INFO 2016-11-16 21:40:03,916 [init:info:1614] watch origin: /home/xxxxxx/Google Drive
ERROR 2016-11-16 21:40:03,919 [init:error:1588] Uncaught error from <Greenlet at 0x7fa2d7f3db90: <bound method LinuxFSWatcher.watch of <isyncd.linux.fswatch.LinuxFSWatcher object at 0x7fa2d0473690>>(u’/home/xxxxx/Google Drive’)>
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “gevent/greenlet.py”, line 390, in run
File “isyncd/linux/fswatch.py”, line 551, in watch
File “isyncd/linux/fswatch.py”, line 131, in watch_tree
File “isyncd/linux/fswatch.py”, line 149, in _walk
File “genericpath.py”, line 41, in isdir
UnicodeEncodeError: ‘ascii’ codec can’t encode character u’\xe1’ in position 38: ordinal not in range(128)
INFO 2016-11-16 21:40:04,024 [init:info:1614] GDUser(id=u’xxxxxxxxxxxxxx’, email=u’xxxxxxxxxxxxx’, name=u’xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx’) (existing) is now being synced.
ERROR 2016-11-16 21:40:04,034 [init:error:1588] Cannot initialize notifications.

Having the same issue on Ubuntu 16.10.
Everything seems to be working properly.
I’m able to watch -n1 insynch get_sync_progress.
And watch it progress along nicely.
All my files are in my GUI file explorer.
I just don’t have the widget in the systray.

@Nick_Kiermaier: Did you try the suggestions in this thread?

Same icon with n empty env…

Tried all of the suggestions in this thread.

What did work though was uninstalling, deleting the original folder, and reinstalling. Not sure what happened or what I changed…but now it’s working.

Lol. It’s a great software. Just have to play a little wack a mole with linux glitches.

i managed to solve the issue.
using this modified snippet to get more info:

from PySide.QtGui import QApplication, QIcon, QSystemTrayIcon
import sys, signal

app = QApplication(sys.argv)
QIcon.setThemeName('hicolor')
icon = QIcon.fromTheme('insync-normal')
tray = QSystemTrayIcon(icon)
tray.show()
signal.signal(signal.SIGINT, signal.SIG_DFL)

for path in QIcon.themeSearchPaths():
        print "%s/%s" % (path, QIcon.themeName())

sys.exit(app.exec_())

this way i print the paths where the system search for hicolor theme.
In my case it printed:

/home/USERNAME/.icon/hicolor
/home/USERNAME/.icons/hicolor
/usr/share/ubuntu/icons/hicolor
/usr/share/gnome/icons/hicolor
/home/USERNAME/.local/share/flatpak/exports/share/icons/hicolor
/usr/local/share/icons/hicolor
/usr/share/icons/hicolor
/var/lib/snapd/desktop/icons/hicolor

and takes the first folder that exists.
In my case these were all empty but /home/USERNAME/.local/share/flatpak/exports/share/icons/hicolor, since time ago i installed an app using flatpack. Purging flatpack from the system solved the issue (since obviously there were no insync icons there).

Hi,
I experienced the same issue with my ubuntu 16.04 machine when I installed flatpack, I purgue it and my insync icons went back, but I need to have flatpack installed, there is a way to have both apps installed without loosing any of its funcionalities.

JC.

@Jose_Claros: Apologies for that. We’ll try to release a fix with the next release.

In version 1.3.15 the icon came back!!! Thank you

Yes, Now show icon perfectly!! Thanks! :slight_smile:

I installed insync on mint 18 and have no tray icon.
I ve reinstalled with no luck.
Its running without tray icon.
when I type the above command I get the following:
“sni-qt/2328” WARN 22:45:34.747 void StatusNotifierItemFactory::connectToSnw() Invalid interface to SNW_SERVICE
No systemtrayicon available
ERROR:root:Cannot initialize notifications.

Try:

sudo cp /usr/share/icons/hicolor/48x48/status/insync* /usr/share/icons/Adwaita/48x48/status/
sudo gtk-update-icon-cache /usr/share/icons/Adwaita
sudo cp /usr/share/icons/hicolor/48x48/status/insync* /usr/share/icons/gnome/48x48/status/
sudo gtk-update-icon-cache /usr/share/icons/gnome

Then restart GNOME (Alt-F2 r).