No tray icon on system start Insync 1.3.16.36155, Mint Cinnamon 18.1 [Solved]

Tray icon is missing on system startup but Insync is running. Stopping and starting from console brings back the icon

@fstjohn: Please try the suggestions on this page: (LINUX) How to solve the issue "tray icon is not showing".

@lpugoy Thanks for the suggestion.
Results of running the suggested fixes:

• sni-qt is not installed. Try installing it then restart Insync.
    confirmed sni-qt is already installed.
  • In some cases, when Insync is set to run at startup the tray icon is not shown. To confirm that Insync is running but there’s no tray icon, run ps -ef | grep ‘insync start’; if there’s an output then Insync is running. In this case, try stopping then restarting Insync to see if the tray icon will show.
    Confirmed Insync is running. Stopping and restarting Insync restores the icon.
  • Check if there’s an entry in your crontab for Insync by running crontab -l. If there is one try removing it.
    Confirmed no cron entry for Insync.
  • Lastly, sometimes an outdated video card driver could cause the tray icon to not show. Try updating your video card driver if possible and restart Insync.
    Problem has only surfaced in last few days. I’ve been using Insync for several years. Using the default video driver and no change to driver since updating to Mint 18.1 several months ago.

@fstjohn: I see, thanks for the replies. If you haven’t yet please use the build for Ubuntu 16.04 as that is what Linux Mint 18.1 is based on. You can get it from www.insynchq.com/downloads in the Installers section.

Installed the build for Ubuntu 16.04 as requested. No change.

@fstjohn: I see. Please try delaying the start of Insync by editing the file ~/.config/autostart/insync.desktop and changing the line for the Exec entry to Exec=bash -c "sleep 3 && insync start". You can try different values for the sleep command as well.

Thanks! That fixed it, but only after I changed sleep to 15.

“Restore all setting to default” on Cinnamon’s panel + restarting Insync fixed it here.