Not not converting Google Slides

Insync will not consistently convert Google Slides to .odpstrong text
It works if I set it to convert to Microsoft, but not to .odt

Hello, @mabufadil! I tested this on my end and it seems like I was able to convert the Google Slides to OpenDocument format. Could you send the ff to support@insynchq.com with the link to this post:

• logs.db
  • out.txt
  • example of Google Slide that does not consistently convert to OpenDocument Presentation

To know how to find the first two files, please check this guide: https://help.insynchq.com/en/articles/1834816-locating-the-log-files

Thank you!

I encountered a problem when converting Google slides to PowerPoint format using InSync. When I try to download the slides, I get the error “Can’t convert Google slides”. I tried to find information about this error, but I didn’t find anything. I have made sure that all the slides in my presentation are available to view and edit. I also checked my internet connection and made sure that it was stable. I don’t know how to solve this problem. Maybe someone has encountered a similar situation and knows what I can do? I would appreciate any help or advice. Thank you!!!

Hi @BelloHaruna! If you could also send the following details as the above comment, that would be great!

Could you send the ff to support@insynchq.com with the link to this post:

• logs.db
  • out.txt
  • example of Google Slide that does not consistently convert to OpenDocument Presentation

To know how to find the first two files, please check this guide: https://help.insynchq.com/en/articles/1834816-locating-the-log-files

Thank you!

Hi @mabufadil, @BelloHaruna

In some cases, the content of the Google File prevents them from being exported to a different format. This is a limitation on Google Docs’ end, and not Insync. You can check it on your end by opening the file in the browser and downloading it as a specific type via File > Download > (filetype).

In case the download suceeds via the browser, but not Insync, kindly let us know so we can check the issue. Thanks!

1 Like