Not syncing PDF with modifications due to comments

I’m using Ubuntu 20. When I comment a pdf file, it gets edited (last modification date and the highlights), but insync is not detecting and downloading the new version. Everything else works perfectly. Is this not implemented?

Thanks

Hi @ishar,

Did you mean that Insync doesn’t indicate that it’s syncing the changes at all therefore cloud copy isn’t updated? Or did you mean that you’re editing/commenting on the cloud copy of the PDF and Insync is not syncing it down to your computer?

Hey! Thanks for answering.

2nd one. I’m editing/commenting on the cloud copy of the PDF (I’m trying this in multiple devices, it’s not that I have the pdf edited locally in one device only) and Insync is not syncing it down.

Here’s the cloud version, check the time

Local version

Gotcha-- could you send the logs.db and out.txt files to support@insynchq.com so we can take a look if there’s a limitation with PDFs? These files are in ~/.config/Insync :slight_smile:

I have the same problem, has a solution been found?

Hi @martijnwitjes,

I’m going to follow this up with our engineers-- we’ve had some reports in the past about cloud to local sync issues. Does this persist if you navigate to the file in question on the app?

After I disconnected my account from the app (running Kubuntu 20) and reconnected it, syncing worked as normal again. Thanks anyway, and I’ll be back if the problem returns :slight_smile:

1 Like