Notification icon alternates between normal state and greyed out [SOLVED]

Hi there,

Something strange has happened lately where the blue circle with the i only appears intermittently and most of the time the icon is greyed out while my internet connection is fine. I don’t know if this is related, but the log is flooded with SSL certificate authentication errors for insynchq.com. My internet connection is stable. I am using OSX El Capitan.

Thanks!
David

Hi @davids thanks for the report. Tagging our engineer @jimperio in this and he will address your concern :smile:

Hi @davids, if you haven’t already, could you send your logs to support@insynchq.com? We’ll help you troubleshoot further in that thread. Thanks!

I did, and you are! Thanks!

I have stopped hearing from support. The curious thing is that this only happens for one user on my system, on a freshly created user Insync works. I have not been able to use Insync in over a month.

Dear all,
Sorry for reviving a 9-year-old topic, but I’ve just installed Insync and facing the same issue on Linux Mint 22 Cinnamon. The tray icon is normal with green tick for ~1 seconds and then greyed out for ~10 seconds, then again normal, then again grey etc.

Hi! Sorry for the trouble! Can you check if there is any firewall blocking Insync?

Thank you for the prompt response! All mentioned on the firewall settings page is accessible (and firewall is disabled actually).

Hello @Elijah! Could you please disable the setting below and restart Insync? (Kindly disregard the version number, I’m using a test build)

Let me know if the issue persists!

1 Like

Thank you very much, the solution worked!

1 Like

That’s great! Please let me know if you need anything else :slight_smile:

I had the same issue in recent weeks, but only spared time to investigate it today, because insync was doing the job of syncing fine in spite of this intermittent “offline status” visual alert. Apparently, this was a result of some change in system-wide blocking of malware, adware, tracking etc. that included “google-analytics”, as it’s gone when the option to “Anonymously send usage data Insyc” is disabled.
I wouldn’t mind enabling this option at all if only I knew clearly what happens and what doesn’t happen when “google-analytics” is allowed.

1 Like