Notifications about & access to files that don't belong to me

When I started Insync today to do a backup, I noticed that it started off with a bunch of notifications of “additions” to my Google Drive — but it marked them as 7 years old, and these are not files I have ever seen! They are labeled as shared by the same user (who’s name is redacted)

When I went to open them in browser, it pops up a “file moved” notification, and Google Drive registers them as shared.

The files I opened are “anyone with the link can view”, but I never had the link before! These are someone’s chemistry & biology files from 2015! I shouldn’t be able to access them!

Hi @mayhplumb!

It’s possible that this user shared it to the public and perhaps got your email from X years ago, but since you mentioned not recognizing them, please do send your logs to support@insynchq.com and include the following files in the folder:

• logs.db
  • out.txt
  • data folder
  • live folder

If these are too big for an attachment, feel free to send us a link so we can download these.

@mayhplumb In addition, here’s a related discussion: REQ: Feed improvements [Search & stability]