Notifications question

I am considering moving to inSync + Google Drive since the dropbox ext4 limitation effectivly stopping me from using their service on a dual boot system unless I have diskspace neough for double files.

And so far it is looking good, but im curious about the inSync notifications. in dropbox I get notifications when I delete, add files etc. Are inSync notifications similar ? because despite clicking that I want to see them, they do not show up neither on my Linux or Windows…so perhaps they dont report the same things or what?

Basically I would love if I could get the insync “feed” as small notifications when they occur. Is that possible or is it a feature request ?

Hey @MagnusL3D!

Have you tried turning on pop-up notifications via the Insync app? Go to the Insync UI and click the ellipsis on the upper right corner. Go to Preferences and check Show pop-up notifications. Let me know if this works for you! :slight_smile:

Hello @Gregory

“because despite clicking that I want to see them.” means that I already tried that, it didn’t work that is why I am here. Soon my trial will be out as well :frowning:

Hey @MagnusL3D,

Unfortunately, that’s the only feature we have when it comes to notifications. How exactly would you want the notifications to appear so I have an idea? I can relay the info to our team and we’ll see if it’s possible to incorporate sometime in the future as a feature request. :slight_smile:

Hey @Gregory

Well as I mentioned earlier I would love if what shows up in the “feed” inside insync would pop up small system notification’s with the same message when they occur. Basically what dropbox does, because actually getting it as system notifications gives me some visual feedback that something actually is happening without having to bring up the ‘feed’ manually everytime to double check that it actually did what I wanted.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback, @MagnusL3D! It actually makes sense to have this as an option but being flooded by notifications may be an issue to some users but then again, it’s an option. I’ll be sure to relay this information to our team! :slight_smile:

@Gregory, to lessen spam it could group things together if 200 files where changed within a certain amount of time just say “200 files updated/synced”, and if just one “file_X was updated”.