Pause sync @ end of current transfers

Hi,

Please could an option be added to pause syncing once current transfers are complete. i.e. no new transfers will be started until unpause is selected, but current transfers will be able to complete.

Thanks

Hi! This is Mara from Insync Support. :sparkles:

Interesting request! Could you expound on what your objectives are for wanting this feature and how it can better your workflow? :slight_smile:

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Hi Mara,

I run Insync on my laptop, and I don’t like interrupting a (or many) syncs. I also often sync very large files. Having the option to pause @ end of current transfers allows me to finish the current syncs, then continue at a later time.

Thanks

1 Like

I have been unclear what’s expected when I pause a large in progress file transfer. I would guess that there is some window of time in which I must resume the transfer so as not to “lose the progress”, but I have no idea how long.

Additionally and anecdotally, I have observed my Insync client continue to use full upload bandwidth for some amount of time (more than 15 minutes) after I hit “Pause syncing”. I thought perhaps this was Insync actually pausing after current transfers are done, but it also could be a bug. I have so many issues with the client, it might be due to my system/number of files synced. I’ve even seen this “continue to upload” happen after I supposedly exit Insync. I usually need to kill it with command line.

Hi @CNG, the latter issue you raised about having activity even after pausing has been reported in the past. Would love to re-investigate this. Could you send me your logs.db and out.txt files to support@insynchq.com with the link to this post?

To find the logs, just follow this guide: https://help.insynchq.com/en/articles/1834816-locating-the-log-files