Proposed Enhancement for Insync's "Shared with me" Sync Functionality

I’ve been diving into Google Drive’s sharing mechanics and noticed an area where Insync’s syncing functionality might benefit from some refinement. Currently, while Insync syncs items from the “Shared with me” category, there’s a gap. Some files and directories present in the Google Drive browser aren’t captured in Insync’s “Shared with me” view.

As the sheer volume of shared files and folders grows, maintaining a clean and organized drive becomes increasingly challenging.

It’d be efficient if Insync could comprehensively sync all shared items, with added controls for management - be it moving or removing items as needed. This could streamline the user experience for those of us who prefer a tidy workspace.

Appreciate any feedback or insights on this.

Cheers.

2 Likes

Hi @kerby! I’m interested to know more about this refinement. Could you email me a screenshot of this scenario:

Some files and directories present in the Google Drive browser aren’t captured in Insync’s “Shared with me” view.

You can send it to support@insynchq.com with the link to this post. Let’s do it there rather than here to preserve the privacy and security of your Google Drive files. Thank you!!

Hi @mia sent :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like