Remove or move insync from OS X context menu

The context menu option “Add to Insync” is located above “Move to trash” which is both annoying and dangerous. Can it be moved to the “Services” area or removed entirely? Dropbox introduced this same “feature” and eventually moved the option below “Move to trash” after an outcry from the Mac user community. Sadly, if the “Add to Insync” context menu option is not changed or configurable, I will uninstall the product entirely.

2 Likes

Dan: I will make note of this request and forward this to our Mac engineer.

Thank you for your support and understanding. :smile:

Agreed. Also, you’ll notice Dropbox only shows its contextual menu when right-clicking in files inside the Dropbox folder. You guys might take a cue from that and omit the pretty useless “Add to Insync” that pops up on items that are outside the Insync folder. I think we all understand how to move files manually into the Insync folder.

I just installed Isync on my Mac and noticed this same “feature”. It needs to go away. Very annoying!! Dropbox is gone because of it. Is there anything on getting rid of this now?

1 Like

@calebwalker Right now, there is no option to get rid of the context menu. But I will +1 you on this request.

Thanks!

+1, i’d like to disable the context menu button