Rendered Video Not Uploading

When I render video out to a folder that is synced with Google Drive the file doesn’t upload correctly. The green checkmark in Explorer indicates that it’s been uploaded, but on Google Drive, it is 0 KB. The file will not upload correctly until I restart my computer and the folders are rescanned. I have been using Insync for years and this is a new error.

When I start a render it creates two temporary files in the folder directory.

Once the render is complete, the two files are combined into an mp4 video file.

When I choose “View on Web” it indicates that the file does not exist on Google Drive.

The file does appear in the Google Drive directory, but it has a size of 0 kb.

It seems to fix it if I set up an ignore rule for .m4v files, but it’s not ideal as I don’t want to ignore video formats.

Hi @Kevin_Snyder,

So sorry for the trouble you’ve been having! Would it be possible for you to try rendering the video first while Insync is not running, then after changes have been made, to run Insync and see if the file still uploads as 0KB?

If it does, please send your logs.db and out.txt files to support@insynchq.com with the link to this post so we can investigate further.

If Insync isn’t running while the video is rendering and then once I run Insync upon completion of the render it uploads fine. I think the Insync is seeing the temporary .m4v file and the final video as the same file and it marks it as uploaded once the final video is saved as a .mp4.

That’s a possibility re: temporary .m4v file, @Kevin_Snyder. Glad to know that it works when Insync is opened after the vid is rendered. Let me bring this up too so we can check any limitations. I can’t immediately tell from the thumbnail what program you’re using-- could you confirm? :slight_smile:

I should have mentioned the program. I am using Adobe Media Encoder exporting videos using the h264 codec.

1 Like

As per our engineers this might be a bug on our end. Could you send your logs.db and out.txt files to support@insynchq.com with the link to this post?

You can access the files by opening your app > three dots on the upper right > Help > Open logs :slight_smile:

I just sent it. Please let me know if you need anything else.

1 Like

I got the email, Kevin, and thank you for responding to me quickly too! I have forwarded them to the engineers :slight_smile: