Safely clearing .insync-trash

My .insync-trash directory is rather large (128 GB and counting). I understand when I delete files they get moved there
what cleans it up if anything?
Assuming I do not need anything there for backup purpose and the files I need are all in the regular folders, is it safe to just manually delete all the files in the .insync-trash? is there a better way to keep the size of the trash in check.

2 Likes

Insync trash clears out every 30 days, but If you wish to delete the contents manually it’s fine.

As of now there’s no feature for that but I will add this to our feature requests :smile:

2 Likes

Did this feature get added? I’d like to be able to adjust how often it deletes

1 Like

Reviving an old post, as a reminder.
Please create an option to change the number of days for the Insync trash clearing, it’s quite annoying.

Thanks, we’re planning to improve this for 2.0

Just adding my support to get this feature soon. Having 50+GB in the trash can prevent from adding more files for limited-sized volumes as it’s not clear why space is not cleared when files are deleted. Controlling the trash in Insync (not only in GDrive) is important, and a solution should help users manage this. Thanks.

Not fixed yet… any idea when customers could expect a solution to this problem?

Thanks!

It’s been another year since your last reply @jaduenas, any idea when we can expect this feature to appear, or version 2.0 for that matter?

Hello? We could use an update here of any kind, this has been an open issue for over two years now with no further attention…

1 Like