Scheduled syncing to save CPU / energy resources

Have you guys thought about scheduled syncing? I mean, I don’t need my GDrive to be updated in realtime. I could live with a sync every 60, 90 or even 120 minutes. And if there’s something really urgent that I need, I can still manually trigger a sync isn’t it?

Please let me know if this feature is on your roadmap or not. Despite having used your software for more than 5 years I am so close to quit and look for alternative solutions. I know that building software ain’t easy but come on, don’t be a frickin CPU / energy hogger…

2 Likes

Same question for me, it would be absolutely great to fix priorities, for example, a 2GB .mov file would only be uploaded after the other files. During the day, a bandwidth limit can be set to prevent the whole internet being blocked.

1 Like

Hey guys!

So sorry for the trouble you’ve been experiencing lately. :frowning: We’re listening! I’ll bring this up with our engineers and we’ll make sure to update you guys as soon as bandwidth limiting/scheduled syncing is in the works. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

:open_mouth: I see this post is still open from 2018. Engineers will be either too slow or dont want to implement a feature which most of us request.