Selective Sync not Working on Fedora 26

Hello Guys, Hoq are you all doing ?

Since Feodra 25 I start to notice (After some update, don’t remember if it comes for insync os OS and all related), Selective sync option has disappeared form right-click menu, now I’m running:

Fodera 26;
insync-1.3.17.36167-fc25.x86_64;

Thanks for attention

we’re still working on a build for Fedora 26, so that may be the cause of this issue. tagging our engineer @lpugoy to double check

@Diogo_Henrique: Do you mean that the whole Insync context menu is not showing? Please try installing the package python-gobject-base then restart Nautilus with nautilus -q then nautilus. It looks like they have changed the dependencies of the packages in Fedora 26.

@lpugoy Hello, Thanks for answer.

It’s Already installed:

Package python-gobject-base-3.24.1-1.fc26.x86_64 is already installed, skipping.

This error started on 25.

@Diogo_Henrique: I see. What is the output if you run nautilus -q then nautilus ~/? Also Insync needs to be running for the context menu to show, so please confirm that it’s running first. Finally please list the contents of the following folders if they exist:

~/.local/share/nautilus-python/extensions
/usr/share/nautilus-python/extensions
/usr/local/share/nautilus-python/extensions

@lpugoy: Nautilus Commands generates no output:

[dnunes@Behemoth ~]$ nautilus -q
[dnunes@Behemoth ~]$ nautilus ~/

Also Insync needs to be running for the context menu to show, so please confirm that it’s running first.

How can I confirm this ?

Here is the output of requested folders, no one even exists:

[dnunes@Behemoth ~]$ ls ~/.local/share/nautilus-python/extensions
ls: cannot access ‘/home/dnunes/.local/share/nautilus-python/extensions’: No such file or directory
[dnunes@Behemoth ~]$ ls /usr/share/nautilus-python/extensions
ls: cannot access ‘/usr/share/nautilus-python/extensions’: No such file or directory
[dnunes@Behemoth ~]$ ls /usr/local/share/nautilus-python/extensions
ls: cannot access ‘/usr/local/share/nautilus-python/extensions’: No such file or directory

@Diogo_Henrique: I see. Looks like the insync-nautilus package is not yet installed. You can install it with sudo dnf install insync-nautilus or get it manually from www.insynchq.com/downloads in the Packages section.

To confirm if Insync is running, its icon should be visible in your system tray. In Fedora 26 this is in the lower left corner by default. If you install an extension like TopIcons the tray icons would be moved to the upper right.

Sorry of this is off-topic, but is there a similar plug-in for Dolphin, the KDE equivalent to Nautilus?

@POC: Please try the insync-dolphin package. You can get it from www.insynchq.com/downloads in the Packages section. Some people have reported that it doesn’t work with the later versions of Dolphin though.

Thanks. Turns out I already have it :slight_smile:

@lpugoy After install the package the context of insync had returned to Nautilus. For some reason it was uninsulated for my system.

One question of-topic: It means I can add any folder I like to my GDrive without actually throw them at Insync folder ?

Ty for all help and attention.

@Diogo_Henrique: I see. Yes, the selective sync option in the Nautilus context menu can be used to remove files from the Insync folder but still keep them in Google Drive.

I had a similar problem with the Nautilus context menu not working in Fedora 28, installing the following packages solved the problem:

sudo dnf install python2-gobject pygobject2-devel python3-gobject pygobject3-devel

Maybe the .rpm package should have python2-gobject pygobject2-devel as dependencies?

1 Like