Selective Sync same folder on different computers

Hi,

I have two computers (A nd B) using insync to synchronize the same google drive account, let’s say under /home/user/insync (same path in both machines).

I then have a folder that I’d like to share between the two machines, in a path outside the normal drive path

Machine A: /home/user/folderA
Machine B: /home/user/folderB

So I’d like to have a path in gdrive, let’s say

/folder/

that syncs both ways to

/home/user/folderA in Machine A
/home/user/folderB in Machine B

Is this possible? I know how to set up LSS and sync /home/user/insync/folderA under /folder in GDrive, but then, in machine B, it shows under /home/user/insync/folder, and not in /home/user/folderB.

I hope the explanation is clear enough. Let me know if there’s something hard to understand, I’ll try to explain better,

Hi @nmfm! Thank you for reaching out :slight_smile: Here’s to achieve this setup:

1. First, disable the 2-way sync of new items on Machine B (see screenshot). You can always enable them again if you want new items to sync automatically straight to your base folder.

1. On Machine A, set up LSS and sync home/user/insync/folderA under /folder in GDrive.

2. On Machine B, open Insync and hover on /folder and click 2-way sync. It will ask you where you want to sync it: to your base folder, merge with a folder/drive, or under a folder/drive. This gives you more control where it syncs to :slight_smile:

Hope this helps!

1 Like

Brilliant. Thank you!

1 Like

You’re most welcome! :slight_smile: