Selective syncing

Hello All,

I want to love the insync app, but I can’t. At this stage I use it for roughly 4 months or so. But still it is not reliable for me. I use it to sync 2 Macs with Google cloud. But often it turns out that just half of the data has been synchronised. And if I do not pay attention on this issues, it happens that when Im in the office or at a client, that I don’t have update files :frowning_face:

I always need to close the app, and open it again. If I do this, it will start syncing again.
Often I have a Red Cross in the isync icon, but when I check the "attention required " sections, it fails on file which I already deleted. But I cannot remove the error.

Im curious if it is just my setup, or are MACOS users experience the same?
Any times to improve the user experience would be great.

Kr.

Hi! I’m so sorry for the trouble you’ve been experiencing! Could you send your logs to support@insynchq.com with the link to this post?

Please include the following files:

• logs.db
  • out.txt
  • data folder
  • live folder

Thank you!

Hello Miamoran,

Thanks for you reply, I send the files via Wetransfer. Kr

1 Like

Hi! I received the WeTransfer link you emailed. Thank you! I have escalated this to our engineers for further investigation. It seems to be a stuck syncing issue since you constantly need to restart the app.

Can you confirm if you see a “Syncing…” at the bottom of the app window? If so, when you expand that, do you see files lined up with “Uploading 0 bytes of X”?

Hello Excuses for the late reply,

I do not read my gmail often.
Yes I see Syncing at the bottom. And indeed often I see Uploaden 0 bytes of X.

Kr

1 Like

Thank you and no worries, @esorone!

A common workaround right now is to restart Insync as you’ve been doing, which I understand to be a hassle right now. Our engineers are working on the stuck syncing issue and is one of the top priorities in their timeline. :slight_smile: Thank you for the patience!